This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Yuki Yanagita (柳田 悠岐 Yanagita Yūki, born October 9, 1988 in Hiroshima, Hiroshima, Japan) is a professional Japanese baseball player. He plays outfielder for the Fukuoka SoftBank Hawks. Yanagita was a member of the 2014 and 2015 Japan Series-winning Hawks teams.
Yanagita with the Fukuoka SoftBank Hawks
|Fukuoka SoftBank Hawks – No. 9|
|Born: October 9, 1988|
Hiroshima, Hiroshima, Japan
|May 8, 2011, for the Fukuoka SoftBank Hawks|
|NPB statistics |
(through 2018 season)
|Career highlights and awards|
In 2015, Yanagita won the Pacific League MVP award after ranking at or near the top of the league in several offensive categories. Yanagita led both leagues with a .363 batting average and led the Pacific League in runs (110), total bases (317), slugging percentage (.631), on base percentage (.469), and walks (88). He ranked second in hits (182) and stolen bases (32) and third in home runs (34, tied) and RBI (99). With the exception of stolen bases, all of these stats were career highs, and Yanagita became the just the 10th player in either league to join the "Triple 3" club (.300 average, 30 home runs, 30 stolen bases).
After the season, Yanagita underwent a right elbow surgery and is expected to recover in time for the 2016 season.
- "2015 Pacific League Qualifiers for Batting Championship". Nippon Professional Baseball. Retrieved 14 February 2016.
- Nagatsuka, Kaz. "Yakult's Yamada, Softbank's Yanagita win MVP Awards". Retrieved 14 February 2016.
- "Hawks' Yanagita has elbow surgery". Retrieved 14 February 2016.
- "マイナビオールスターゲーム2018 ファン投票結果". NPB.jp 日本野球機構 (in Japanese). June 26, 2018. Retrieved June 25, 2018.
- "「2018日米野球」出場選手6名、コーチングスタッフが決定". 野球日本代表 侍ジャパン オフィシャルサイト (in Japanese). August 20, 2018. Retrieved October 12, 2018.