This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Yey! (stylized as YeY!) is a Philippine pay television channel created by ABS-CBN and one of the freemium channels of ABS-CBN TVplus. It is the second animation channel of ABS-CBN after the defunct channel Hero TV, previously owned by ABS-CBN's narrowcast arm Creative Programs. The channel primarily airs Filipino-dubbed Japanese anime series and foreign cartoon shows, with imported programming from ABS-CBN and Hero TV. Yey! operates daily from 6:00 AM to 10:00 PM.
|Owned by||ABS-CBN Corporation|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)|
|Slogan||Bida best everyday!|
|Language||Filipino (main) |
|Headquarters||Quezon City, Philippines|
|Sister channel(s)||Cine Mo!|
Asianovela Channel (free trial)
Movie Central (free trial)
Jeepney TV (free trial)
Myx (free trial)
|Digital terrestrial television||Channel 1.4|
|ABS-CBN TVplus||Channel 4|
|Sky Direct||Channel 3|
|Sky Cable/Destiny Cable |
|Channel 1 (Digital)|
As of 2019, anime and cartoon programs are divided into various programming blocks.
- Bibolilits – a morning block that airs selected foreign cartoons intended for pre-schoolers and young children, airing from 6:00 AM to 8:30 AM (the first half-hour of the block is repeated at 3:30 PM on weekdays).
- Nickelodeon sa Yey! – the daytime block consisting of cartoons from Nickelodeon and Nick Jr., airing from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM.
- Ka-Pow! – a weekday afternoon block consisting of foreign cartoons, airing from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM.
- All Yey Anime – the channel's flagship primetime block consisting of Japanese anime series intended for all audiences. It airs Mondays to Fridays from 5:00 PM to 10:00 PM, and on Saturdays and Sundays from 9:00 PM to 10:00 PM.
- Power Hour – a weekend afternoon block consisting of selected live-action series and toys-themed anime series. It airs on Saturdays and Sundays from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM.
- Kid Sine – a weekend movie block airing from 5:00 PM to 9:00 PM, featuring local films every Saturday and Tagalog-dubbed foreign films every Sunday.
Outside of its core format, Yey! channel also airs classic anime series (most of them are from the World Masterpiece Theater franchise), catch-up marathons of selected programs from ABS-CBN's main channel, and channel-produced programs that are considered child-friendly and family-oriented.
- Rommel Pedrealba (director) (2011). ANC Future Perfect: TV Goes Digital 2/5 (Television production). Philippines: ABS-CBN News and Current Affairs.
- Rommel Pedrealba (director) (2011). ANC Future Perfect: TV Goes Digital 3/5 (Television production). Philippines: ABS-CBN News and Current Affairs.
- "ABS-CBN to launch 5 new premium channels on free-to-air TV". Lopez Group of Companies. 2011-04-04. Retrieved 2011-05-08.