One News (TV channel)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
One News is a 24-hour Philippine pay television news channel owned by MediaQuest Holdings through its subsidiary Cignal TV. It was launched on May 2018 exclusively on satellite provider Cignal. One News is the first MediaQuest channel launched under the One branding (presently known as the One Network Media Group), along with the free TV sports channel One Sports, cable sports channel One Sports+, Filipino-language news channel One PH, premium entertainment channel One Screen, and lifestyle portal One Life.
|Network||TV5 Network Inc. |
Philstar Media Group
|Slogan||We are One News|
|Headquarters||News5 (main studio)|
TV5 Media Center, Reliance cor. Sheridan Sts., Mandaluyong, Philippines
The Philippine Star
202 Roberto S. Oca St. cor Railroad St. Port Area, Manila, Philippines
95 Balete Drive Extension, Brgy. Kristong Hari, New Manila, Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines
|Language(s)||English (main) |
|Picture format||1080i HDTV|
(dowsncaled to 16:9 480i for the SDTV feed)
|Owner||Cignal TV, Inc. |
|Launched||May 28, 2018|
|Former names||Bloomberg TV Philippines (2015–2018)|
|Cignal||Channel 8 (SD) |
Channel 250 (HD)
|Cignal Play||Available on the Cignal Play website or via mobile application|
On May 28, 2018, Cignal TV formally launched One News, an English-language news channel which features content from the news divisions of the MediaQuest group (News5, The Philippine Star and BusinessWorld) as well as Bloomberg TV Philippines and Probe Productions. Most of the programs from its predecessor were retained on this new channel.
In 2019, 5 began airing selected programs from One News, such as Agenda with Cito Beltran and The Chiefs. In addition, a dedicated news website for the said channel was launched and is currently managed by the PhilStar Media Group which is also responsible for the takeover of the InterAksyon website from News5 since 2018.
On March 17, 2020, One News along with One PH, temporarily suspended its regular programming as an effect of the Luzon-wide "enhanced community quarantine" against COVID-19. The news channel aired the special edition of One News Now.
One News' program lineup includes national newscasts, talk shows, business newscasts, and public affairs shows. Several programs from Bloomberg Television, PBA Rush, and Colours as well as third-party content partners (including Probe Productions) are also aired on the channel. Some programs can also be seen on free TV via TV5 and internationally through Kapatid Channel and AksyonTV International.
- The Big Story* (2016; formerly aired on Bloomberg TV Philippines and TV5)
- Frontline Pilipinas (2020, occasionally; currently aired on TV5, One PH, and Radyo5)
- One News Now (2018; occasionally aired on TV5, formerly aired on One PH and Radyo5)
- BusinessWorld Live (2018)
- The Game (2020, also aired on One Sports+)
- Celebrity Top 10 (2020, also aired on One PH)
Daily talk showsEdit
- Bank On It (2019)
- Bright Ideas (2016; formerly aired on Bloomberg TV Philippines)
- Chronicles (2018)
- Go Local (2016; formerly aired on Bloomberg TV Philippines)
- One News Documentaries (2019; also aired on One PH)
- Political Capital (2015; formerly aired on Bloomberg TV Philippines)
- Real Deal (2019)
- #RidePH with Jay Taruc (also aired on One PH)
- 40 is the New 30* (also aired on Colours)
- Basketball Almanac (also aired on PBA Rush)
- Basketball Science (also aired on PBA Rush)
- Create (also aired on Colours)
- Discover Eats (also aired on Colours)
- Life's A Beach
- MomBiz* (also aired on Colours and One PH)
- Mom Cafe
- The Philippine Star's Let's Eat
- The Philippine Star's Modern Living (formerly aired on ABS-CBN News Channel)
- The Philippine Star's Wheels (formerly aired on S+A)
- Shotlist (also aired on Colours)
Television programs from Bloomberg TelevisionEdit
- Game Changers
- Hello World
- BBC Earth on One News
- BBC My World
- Convo with Cheche Lazaro (2018–2019, produced by Probe Productions)
- Face The Chiefs (2019)
- Gear Up! (2018–2019)
- Hotline Philippines (2018–2019)
- One Balita Pilipinas (2020, formerly aired on TV5, currently aired on One PH and Radyo5)
- One News Live (2018–2019)
- One Newsroom (2019–2020)
- Rush Hour/Rush (2018–2020)
- Titans (2018–2019)
(*) also aired on Kapatid Channel (international).
Presenters and HostsEdit
- Ed Lingao (also with TV5, formerly with One PH)
- Roby Alampay
- Wilfredo G. Reyes
- Amy Pamintuan
- Luchi Cruz-Valdes
- Cito Beltran
- Cheche Lazaro (also with One PH)
- Charles Lejano (also with One PH)
- Shawn Yao (formerly with TV5)
- Cheryl Cosim (also with TV5 and One PH, formerly with ABS-CBN)
- Danie Laurel
- Jove Francisco (also with One PH, formerly with ABS-CBN)
- Chiqui Vergel (also with One PH)
- Jamie Herrell (also with One PH)
- Mike Toledo
- Carlo Ople
- RJ Ledesma
- Jay Taruc (also with One PH, formerly with GMA)
- Gretchen Ho (also with TV5 and One PH, formerly with ABS-CBN)
- MJ Marfori (also with TV5 and One PH)
- Jes delos Santos (formerly with TV5 and One PH)
- Rizza Diaz (also a One Sports correspondent)
- "First on MNP: TV5, Cignal to launch a new 24/7 English news channel". Media Newser Philippines. April 18, 2018. Retrieved May 27, 2018.
- "One News' Promo Video". Media Newser Philippines. Retrieved May 27, 2018.
- "'One News' sa Cignal". News5. May 18, 2018. Retrieved October 2, 2018.
- "Cignal Launches New Cable Channel 'One News'". Center for Media Freedom and Responsibility. June 18, 2018. Retrieved October 2, 2018.
- Mendez, Christina (July 30, 2018). "Cignal TV launches One News". The Philippine Star. Retrieved October 2, 2018.
- Mendez, Christina (May 30, 2018). "Cignal TV launches One News". The Philippine Star. Retrieved March 4, 2020.
- "Cignal Launches New Cable Channel "One News"". CMFR-phil.org. June 18, 2018. Retrieved March 4, 2020.