Mohammad Yamin Ahmadzai (born 25 July 1992) is an Afghan cricketer. Ahmadzai is a right-handed batsman who bowls right-arm medium-fast. He was born in Laghman Province. He was one of the eleven cricketers to play in Afghanistan's first ever Test match, against India, in June 2018, and took Afghanistan's first wicket in Test cricket.
|Full name||Mohammad Yamin Ahmadzai|
|Born||25 July 1992|
Laghman Province, Afghanistan
|Test debut (cap 11)||14 June 2018 v India|
|Last Test||15 March 2019 v Ireland|
|ODI debut (cap 37)||25 December 2015 v Zimbabwe|
|Last ODI||19 July 2016 v Ireland|
|T20I debut (cap 32)||29 November 2015 v Oman|
|Last T20I||30 November 2015 v Oman|
Source: Cricinfo, 15 March 2019
Ahmadzai made his debut for Afghanistan Under-19s in a Youth One Day International against India Under-19s in the 2010 Under-19 World Cup in New Zealand. He made two further Youth One Day International appearances in that competition, against Hong Kong Under-19s and Papua New Guinea Under-19s. He also played for the Under-19s in the 2011 Under-19 World Cup Qualifier in Ireland, helping Afghanistan to qualify for the main event in 2012.
Later in 2011, he made his Twenty20 debut for the Afghan Cheetahs in the Faysal Bank Twenty-20 Cup against Multan Tigers. He scored an unbeaten single run in the Cheetahs innings, while in the Tigers innings he bowled a single over, conceding 17 runs from it.
In May 2018, he was named in Afghanistan's squad for their inaugural Test match, played against India. He made his Test debut for Afghanistan, against India, on 14 June 2018. He took Afghanistan's first wicket in Test cricket, dismissing Shikhar Dhawan, just after lunch on day one. In February 2019, he was named in Afghanistan's Test squad for their one-off match against Ireland in India.
- "Youth One-Day International Matches played by Yamin Ahmadzai". CricketArchive. Retrieved 30 September 2011.
- "Other matches played by Yamin Ahmadzai". CricketArchive. Retrieved 30 September 2011.
- "Player profile: Yamin Ahmadzai". ESPNcricinfo. Retrieved 30 September 2011.
- "Afghanistan tour of United Arab Emirates, 1st T20I: Afghanistan v Oman at Abu Dhabi, Nov 29, 2015". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 29 November 2015.
- "Afghanistan tour of United Arab Emirates, 1st ODI: Afghanistan v Zimbabwe at Sharjah, Dec 25, 2015". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 25 December 2015.
- "Quaid-e-Azam Trophy, Pool A: Karachi Blues v Habib Bank Limited at Karachi, Oct 15-18, 2016". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 15 October 2016.
- "Afghanistan Squads for T20I Bangladesh Series and on-eoff India Test Announced". Afghanistan Cricket Board. Retrieved 29 May 2018.
- "Afghanistan pick four spinners for inaugural Test". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 29 May 2018.
- "Only Test, Afghanistan tour of India at Bengaluru, Jun 14-18 2018". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 14 June 2018.
- "Afghanistan take historic first Test wicket". Australian Associated Press. Retrieved 14 June 2018.
- "Mujeeb left out for Ireland Test, Shahzad out of T20Is". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 7 February 2019.
- "No Mujeeb in Tests as Afghanistan announce squads for Ireland series". International Cricket Council. Retrieved 7 February 2019.