Jimena "Ximena" Navarrete Rosete (born February 22, 1988 in Guadalajara) is a Mexican actress, TV Host, model and beauty queen who won Miss Universe 2010, becoming the second Mexican to do so. She was previously named as Nuestra Belleza México 2009.
February 22, 1988
|Height||1.74 m (5 ft 8 1⁄2 in)|
|Title||Nuestra Belleza Jalisco 2009|
Nuestra Belleza México 2009
Miss Universe 2010
|Beauty pageant titleholder|
|Nuestra Belleza Jalisco 2009|
Nuestra Belleza México 2009
Miss Universe 2010
She is Called “Reina de Tres Corona” in Spanish
In 2013 Ximena Navarrete played a dual role in La Tempestad as Marina Reverte and Magdalena Reverte with William Levy and Daniela Romo.
Navarrete was born and raised in Guadalajara, the capital city of Jalisco, Mexico to a middle-class family. She is one of two children, born to Carlos Navarrete a dentist (He is from Sahuayo, Michoacán), and Gabriela Rosette, a house wife. She has one younger sister. She began modeling locally at the age of sixteen, and studied nutrition at the Valle de Atemajac University, prior to taking part in the world pageant. In 2012, Ximena accepted to be part of a genetic study, her paternal lineage is haplogroup J; her roots lie in the Purépecha region in the Sierra of Michoacán.
Nuestra Belleza México 2009Edit
Navarrete was crowned Nuestra Belleza Jalisco on July 16, 2009 in her hometown, and subsequently won the national title of Nuestra Belleza México as well, besting thirty-three other contestants during the 16th edition of that event, held September 20, 2009 in Mérida, Yucatán. That night, Navarrete became the second consecutive winner from Jalisco, following Karla Carrillo, the outgoing titleholder and a close friend who encouraged her to participate in the pageant.
Miss Universe 2010Edit
On August 23, 2010, Navarrete (then known as "Jimena") was named Miss Universe, making her the second Mexican delegate to win the title, after Lupita Jones in 1991. Coincidentally, both were crowned in Las Vegas, Nevada.
In October 2010, Navarrete traveled to Shanghai, China for the 2010 World Expo and Shanghai Fashion Week. On February 10, 2011, Navarrete became spokesperson of L'Oreal Paris and Old Navy. She had her first official photo shoot in Mexico. In March 2011, Navarrete traveled to Moscow, Russia and Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic to attend the national finals respectively. She then traveled to Puerto Rico for the Puerto Rico Golf Open. She also traveled to Panama to work with Aid for AIDS and attended the Thai national final at Bangkok, Thailand on March 26, 2011.
In May 2011, Navarrete traveled to Guadalajara, Mexico, her hometown, to raise awareness for Children International, a U.S.-based humanitarian organization helping over 12,000 poor children there. In July 2011, Navarrete attended the Chilean national final at Santiago, Chile. She also traveled to the Atlantis Paradise Island, The Bahamas to help crown Miss Teen USA on July 16, 2011. During her reign, Navarrete traveled to Spain, multiple trips in Mexico, Indonesia, China, France, India, Russia, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, Panama, Thailand, Brazil, Guatemala, Chile and Bahamas in addition to numerous trips around the United States.
Modeling and actingEdit
On February 10, 2011, Navarrete became spokesperson of L'Oreal Paris and Old Navy. In 2013, Navarrete announced she would debut her acting career in the soap opera La tempestad. On February 15, 2013, Salvador Mejía confirmed that Navarrete and William Levy would be the protagonists of the telenovela. She played a twins role, as Marina Reverte and Magdalena Artigas.
|2010||Late Show with David Letterman||Herself||Top Ten List Presenter|
|Latin Grammy Awards of 2010||Herself||Presenter|
|2012||América celebra a Chespirito||Herself||Presenter|
|Nuestra Belleza México 2012||Herself||Presenter|
|Miss Universe 2012||Herself||Judge|
|2013||Latin Grammy Awards of 2013||Herself||Presenter|
|2014||Nuestra Belleza México 2014||Herself||Presenter|
|2015||Jalisco... Algo contigo||Herself||Special Appearance|
|2013||La tempestad||Marina Reverte Artigas/Magdalena Reverte Artigas||Telenovelas Debut|
|2015||108 Costuras||Gaby||Lead role|
- Correa, Ofelia (2010). "Nuestras Reinas: Ximena Navarrete" (in Spanish). Nuestra Belleza. Archived from the original on September 25, 2009.
- Officially her name is spelled Jimena, though she prefers writing it as Ximena.
- "Miss Universe 2010 - Pageant Planet". www.pageantplanet.com. Retrieved March 3, 2019.
- Ximena Navarrete ¿Quién es la Miss Universo 2010?. Quien.com (August 24, 2010). Retrieved on May 12, 2012.
- Miss Universe 2010 tiene novio. Impre.com (August 24, 2010). Retrieved on May 12, 2012.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on October 23, 2013. Retrieved February 25, 2015.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Noticias – Jimena Navarrete es NBM 2009 y Anabel Solís es NBMM 2009" Archived September 27, 2009, at the Wayback Machine. Esmas.com. Retrieved on May 12, 2012.
- "Gana la mexicana Jimena Navarrete el Miss Universo 2010". Diario Milénio (in Spanish). Notimex. Retrieved August 23, 2010.
- "Miss Universe 1991 - Pageant Planet". www.pageantplanet.com. Retrieved March 3, 2019.
- Children International. Children.org. Retrieved on May 12, 2012.
- Events. Miss Universe (July 2011). Retrieved on May 12, 2012.
- "Ximena Navarrete is L'oreal spokesperson".
- Ramírez, Claudia (February 11, 2011). "Ximena es la más bella". EL Universal (in Spanish). Retrieved February 15, 2011.
- "Ximena Navarrete en el elenco de la telenovela "El señor de los cielos"" (in Spanish). Starmedia. December 19, 2012. Retrieved January 16, 2013.
- William Levy's 'La Tempestad' Telenovela News Update - Ximena Navarrete Signed To Play Female Lead
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ximena Navarrete.|
- Official Ximena Navarrete Website
- Ximena Navarette Photos on missuniverse.com
- Ximena Navarrete Interview on PR.com
- Ximena Navarrete Video on www.children.org
- Ximena Navarrete Profile www.pageantplanet.com
|Awards and achievements|
| Miss Universe
| Nuestra Belleza México
| Nuestra Belleza Jalisco