Xiaonanmen metro station
|Location||B1F., No. 22, Aiguo W. Rd.|
|Platforms||2 (1 island platform)|
|Opened||31 August 2000|
|15,761 daily (2016)|
|Rank||71 out of 109 and 5 others|
This two-level, underground station has an island platform and four exits. The station is surrounded by government buildings and education institutions, serving mainly students and civil servants; thus, it remains relatively quiet for most of the day.
In 2010, the station was used for the filming of a scene for a Taiwanese romantic comedy film, Au Revoir Taipei (一頁台北). The station was emptied for filming and a train was arranged specifically for shooting.
The station was formerly served by a shuttle service between Ximen and CKS Memorial Hall. Upon the opening of the Xinyi Line in November 2013, the shuttle was extended south to Taipower Building. Upon the opening of the Songshan Line in November 2014, the shuttle was replaced by trains running the full-length Green Line service between Songshan and Xindian.
|Lobby, information desk, automatic ticket dispensing machines, one-way faregates|
Restrooms (Outside fare zone)
|B2||Platform 1||← Songshan–Xindian Line toward Songshan (G12 Ximen)|
|Island platform, doors will open on the left|
|Platform 2||→ Songshan–Xindian Line toward Xindian / Taipower Building (G10 Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall) →|
- Exit 1: North side of Aiguo W. Rd., near Yanping S. Rd., adjacent to the Ministry of National Defense
- Exit 2: South side of Aiguo W. Rd., near Yanping S. Rd.
- Exit 3: Southeast side of the intersection of Aiguo W. Rd. and Boai Rd.
- Exit 4: Southwest side of the intersection of Aiguo W. Rd. and Chongqing S. Rd.
Around the stationEdit
- Ministry of National Defense
- Judicial Yuan
- Ministry of the Interior National Immigration Agency General Headquarters and Taipei Service Station
- Taipei Fucheng
- Sun Yun-suan Memorial Museum
- Chunghwa Postal Museum
- Ministry of Justice
- National Museum of History
- Taipei Botanical Garden
- Taipei Municipal University of Education
- Environmental Protection Administration (between this station and Ximen station)
- Soochow University (Downtown Campus)
- Taipei Municipal Jianguo High School
- Nanmen Junior High School
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Xiaonanmen Station (Taipei).|
- "Passenger Volume at Taipei Rapid Transit Stations" (PDF). Taipei City Department of Transportation. March 13, 2017. Retrieved March 13, 2017.
- "Route Map: Xiaonanmen". Taipei Rapid Transit Corporation. Retrieved June 20, 2010.
- "Taipei Film Commission is a breath of fresh air". The China Post. Taiwan (ROC). February 27, 2010. Retrieved June 20, 2010.
- 小南門站鋼彈襲窗 4出入口3掛彩, Liberty Times, 23 March 2006