Wow! Wow! Wubbzy!
This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Wow! Wow! Wubbzy! (or simply Wubbzy) is an American children's educational flash animated television series created by Bob Boyle for Nick Jr. The series was animated by Bardel Entertainment using both Toon Boom and Adobe Flash software, and produced by Bolder Media and Starz Media. Bob Boyle, Susan Miller, Mark Warner and Fred Seibert served as executive producers.
|Wow! Wow! Wubbzy!|
|Also known as||Wubbzy|
|Created by||Bob Boyle|
|Voices of||Grey DeLisle|
Lara Jill Miller
|Theme music composer||Brad Mossman|
|Opening theme||"Wow! Wow! Wubbzy! Theme"|
|Ending theme||"Wow! Wow! Wubbzy! Theme" (instrumental)|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||52 (104 segments) (list of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Bob Boyle|
|Running time||22 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Renegade Animation|
IDT Entertainment (2006)
Starz Media (2006–2010)
|Picture format||HDTV (1080i) (Seasons 1-2)|
|Original release||August 28, 2006 –|
February 21, 2010
|Related shows||Yin Yang Yo!|
The show focuses on a yellow gerbil like creature named Wubbzy, who has various antics with his friends: Widget, a rabbit like creature who likes building; Walden, a wombat like creature who is a brainiac and starting with Season 2 Daizy a puppy like creature who (as her name suggests) loves flowers.
The series premiered on August 28, 2006 and concluded on February 21, 2010, totaling two seasons and 52 episodes each consisting of two segments.
According to Bob Boyle, the series began as a story created by his niece, Viviana Ogawa, that Boyle turned into a rough comic book-style storybook called The Tail of Flopsy, Mopsy, and Ted. During the series' development process, the characters were renamed Wubbzy, Widget and Walden.
Boyle submitted his original concept as a book to Frederator Studios, the lead creative partner in Bolder Media. After more than 6000 children's book concepts were reviewed, his submission was selected for development into an animated series for preschoolers.
Production for the first season began in September 2004. The series premiered on Nickelodeon's Nick Jr. block on August 28, 2006. It ended on Nick's Play Date block in 2010 upon its final episode. It also originally went on hiatus until December 2009.[clarification needed] Reruns aired on the Nick Jr. network until April 14, 2014, when the show was pulled off the air in the U.S., thus officially ending the show. All mentions of the show were removed from the Nick Jr. website as well. The last episode that aired in reruns was "Save the Wuzzly/All Bottled Up." The last episode that aired on Nickelodeon was "Lights, Camera, Wubbzy/A Wubbstar is Born" on April 30, 2009.
A translated version of the series has been a popular addition to the "Cúla 4" children's programming lineup on the Irish language television channel TG4 since January 2011. The show is dubbed in 15 languages and airs in over 100 countries around the world.
- Grey DeLisle – Wubbzy, Buggy, Madame Zabinga, Sparkle, Jumping Kid 2, additional voices
- Lara Jill Miller – Widget, Huggy, Jumping Kid 1, additional voices
- Carlos Alazraqui – Walden, Earl, Chef Fritz, Moo Moo The Magician, Doctor Flooey, Swinging Kid 2
- Tara Strong – Daizy, Ball Kid 1, Ball Kid 2, Swinging Kid 1, Shimmer
- Beyoncé – Shine
- Jeff Glen Bennett – Cupid, Fire Chief
- Jann Carl – Jann Starl
- Tiki Barber – Touchdown Tiki
- Phil LaMarr – Jam Jam James
- Ty Pennington – Ty Ty The Tool Guy
- Michelle Kwan – Michelle Kwanzleberry
- Frank Welker – Mailman
- James Arnold Taylor - Policeman, additional voices
- Jim Cummings - Art Museum Manager, additional voices
- E.G. Daily - Huggy (Season 2)
- Charlie Adler - Earl (Season 2)
- Bryan Cranston - Zookeeper
- John Lithgow - News reporter
- Eddie Frierson - Plaideville resident #1
- Bob Bergen - Plaidville resident #2
- Rodger Bumpass - Man from Plaidville
- Jeffrey Garcia - Murphy
- Wubbzy (voiced by Grey DeLisle) is a childish gerbil like creature. He's a small, normal-sized dynamic animal. He's going to have any adventures. His friends are Widget, Daizy (occasionally), and Walden.
- Widget (voiced by Lara Jill Miller) is a rabbit like creature who likes building. She is normally a builder, who builds any kind of things. She is a pink-colored mechanical whiz.
- Walden (voiced by Carlos Alazraqui) is a wombat like creature brainiac. He's occasionally a scientist, who likes science.
- Daizy (voiced by Tara Strong) is a childish puppy like creature, Wubbzy's neighbor and Widget, Walden and Wubbzy's best friend who as her name suggests, loves flowers. She was introduced in Season 2.
- Buggy (voiced by Grey DeLisle) is a turqouise-colored resident who's one of Huggy's and Earl's best friends.
- Huggy (voiced by Lara Jill Miller in season 1, E.G. Daily in season 2) is a light blue-colored whiz who's one of Buggy's and Earl's best friends.
- Earl (voiced by Carlos Alazraqui in season 1, Charlie Adler in season 2) is a orange-colored friend who's one of Huggy and Buggy's best friends.
- Sparkle (voiced by Grey DeLisle) is a light blue-colored resident who's a member of the Wubb Girlz.
- Shimmer (voiced by Tara Strong) is a light blue-colored resident who's a member of the Wubb Girlz.
- Shine (voiced by Beyoncé) is a light blue-colored resident who's a member of the Wubb Girlz.
- Madame Zabinga (voiced by Grey DeLisle) is a ballet teacher of Wubbzy, Widget, Walden, and Daizy.
- Old Lady Zamboni (voiced by Lara Jill Miller) is a yellow green-colored elderly resident of Wuzzleburg.
- Jann Starl (voiced by Jann Carl) is a news reporter of the Wubb Girlz' club.
- Ty Ty The Tool Guy (voiced by Ty Pennington) is a orange-colored resident appeared in the eponym episode, titled Ty Ty The Tool Guy.
- Policeman (voiced by James Arnold Taylor) is a light orange-colored resident who's a police officer of Wuzzleburg.
- Chef Fritz (voiced by Carlos Alazraqui) is a orange-colored chef who's a chef of Wuzzleburg.
- News Reporter (voiced by John Lithgow) is a news reporter of Wuzzleburg, he is seen in the episodes Widget Gets The Blooey Blues and Wubbzy Tells A Whopper
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||52||August 28, 2006||June 20, 2008|
|Specials||2||August 29, 2008||May 1, 2009|
|2||52||September 2, 2008||February 21, 2010|
At the end of most episodes of the series, there are songs whose topics that involve social skills, such as friendship, are related to those episodes.
Wow! Wow! Wubbzy! was shown on Nick Jr. in the United Kingdom as well as Family Channel and Family Jr. in Canada. It also aired on France 4 in France and RTEjr in Ireland, on RTL Kockica in Croatia, on HBO in Slovenia, and on Discovery Kids in Brazil and Latin America. It was also broadcast in the Southeast Asia on the Playhouse Disney channel. The series is shown on Nelonen, GMA and ABC Kids. French version broadcasts on Canal+, France 5 and TiJi. Later, it was shown on ¡Sorpresa!, on Discovery Kids. It continues to air on 9Go! in Australia. Portuguese version has shown on RTP2 and Canal Panda. In the US, it was aired on Nickelodeon and Nick Jr..
In UK and Australia, Season 1, Volumes 1–2 (Episodes 1–14, and 15–26) were released as season DVD boxes; these were not released in the United States.
|Title||Season(s)||Episode count||Release date||Episodes|
|Wubbzy's Big Movie!||1||8||May 12, 2009||"Wubbzy's Big Movie!", "Perfecto Party", "A Tale of Tails", "Monster Madness", "Pirate Treasure", "Puddle Muddle", "Come Spy With Me", and "The Tired Tail"|
|A Tale of Tails||July 20, 2009||"A Tale of Tails", "Special Delivery", "Widget's Wild Ride", "Attack of the 50-Foot Fleegle", "Come Spy with Me", "Wubbzy Tells a Whopper", "Mt. Fizzy Pop", and "Puddle Muddle"|
|A Little Help from My Friends||July 20, 2009||" A Little Help From Your Friends", "Clean Sweep", "Mr. Cool", "Wubbzy in the Middle", "Gidget the Super Robot", "Broken Record", "Widget Gets the Blooey Blues", and "Where's My Wiggle Wrench?"|
|Pirate Treasure||1, 2||7||July 20, 2009||"Pirate Treasure", "Wubbzy in the Woods", "Walden on the Beach", "The Grass is Always Plaider", "Goo Goo Grief", "Everything's Coming Up Wubbzy", and "Save the Wuzzly"|
|Wubbzy Goes Boo!||6||September 8, 2009||"Wubbzy's Magical Mess-up", "Tea for Three", "Monster Madness", "The Last Leaf", "The Ghost of Wuzzleburg", and "March of the Pumpkins"|
|Wubbzy's Christmas Adventure||October 20, 2009||"Snow Day", "O' Figgity Fig Tree", "The Snow Shoo Shoo", "Dash for Dolly", "Great and Grumpy Holiday", and "The Super Special Gift"|
|Go for Gold!||7||February 16, 2010||"Run For Fun", "What A Card", "The Wubbzy Shuffle", "Hoop Dreamz", "Wubbzy's Big Idea", "Rush Hour", and "The Tired Tail"|
|Wubbzy Goes Green||5||April 6, 2010||"Save the Wuzzly", "All Bottled Up", "Too Much Of A Doodle Thing!", "Zoo Hullabaloo", and "The Flight Of The Flutterfly"|
|Escape From Dino Island||7||May 4, 2010||"Escape From Dino Island", "Wubbzy the Hero", "Call of the Mild", "Wubbzy and the Sparkle Stone", "Daizy's Purple Thumb", "Mt. Fizzy Pop", and "Too Much of a Doodle Thing!"|
|Wubbzy Goes to School||6||August 3, 2010||"Who Needs School?", "Gotta Dance", "Magic Tricks", "Wubbzy the Star", "New Kid on the Block", and "You Gotta Have Art"|
|Fly Us to the Moon||November 16, 2010||"Warp Speed Wubbzy!", "Fly Us to the Moon", "Tooth or Dare", "Wonder Wubbzy", "The Super Fixers", and "All Bottled Up"|
|Wubbzy Be Mine||3||January 4, 2011||"Mr. Valentine", "Cupid's Little Helper", and "My Speedy Valentine"|
|Wubbzy's Egg-Cellent Easter||6||March 1, 2011||"Eggs Over Easy", "Big Bunny Blues", "Flower Day Parade", "Watch The Birdie", "Wubbzy Bounces Back", and "The Flight Of The Flutterfly"|
|Wubbzy Saves the Day||May 3, 2011||"Follow the Leader", "Bye Bye Birdies", "Moo Moo's Snoozity Snooze", "Woozy Walden", "The Nasty Nose", and "Daizy's Favorite Place"|
|Wubbzy and the Fire Engine||September 13, 2011||"Wubbzy And The Fire Engine", "What Would Wubbzy Do?", "Ty Ty The Tool Guy", "Mr. Unlucky", "Wuzzleburg Express", and "Hangin' With Mr. Gummy"|
|The Wubb Club||7||January 3, 2012||"The Wubb Club", "Who's That Girl?", "Wubbzy's Big Move", "Wubbzy's Rainy Day", "Daizy's Hair Salon", "Quiet Wubbzy!", and "Meet the Wuzzles"|
|A Wuzzleburg Tale||2||6||April 3, 2012||"Once Upon a Wubbzy", "Big Birthday Mystery", "Welcome to the Dollhouse", "Happily Ever After", "Too Many Wubbzys", and "Focus Wubbzy"|
|Best of Wubbzy||1, 2||7||September 18, 2012||"Follow the Leader", "The Wubbzy Shuffle", "Wubbzy the Star", "Tooth or Dare", "Wubbzy's Big Makeover", "Wubbzy Bounces Back!", and "Wubbzy the Hero"|
|Best of Widget!||1||January 8, 2013||"Widget's Wild Ride", "Gotta Dance", "Gidget the Super Robot", "Eggs Over Easy", "Widget Gets the Blooey Blues", "The Super Fixers", and "Where's My Wiggle Wrench?"|
|Best of Walden||1, 2||April 9, 2013||"Perfecto Party", "Mr. Cool", "Walden On The Beach", "Woozy Walden", "Goo Goo Grief", "The Last Leaf", and "Come Spy With Me"|
|Best of Daizy!||2||July 9, 2013||"Who's That Girl?", "Welcome To The Dollhouse", "Daizy's Hair Salon", "Daizy's Favorite Place", "Wonder Wubbzy", "Daizy's Purple Thumb", and "Once Upon A Wubbzy"|