Worsley and Eccles South (UK Parliament constituency)
|Worsley and Eccles South|
for the House of Commons
Boundary of Worsley and Eccles South in Greater Manchester for the 2010 general election.
Location of Greater Manchester within England.
|Electorate||73,409 (December 2010)|
|Member of Parliament||Barbara Keeley (Labour)|
|Number of members||One|
|European Parliament constituency||North West England|
Worsley and Eccles South is a county constituency represented in the House of Commons of the Parliament of the United Kingdom. The seat is currently held by Barbara Keeley MP of the Labour Party. It elects one Member of Parliament (MP) by the first past the post system of election. It is favourable mostly to the Labour Party, though it does contain two of the Conservatives' strongest wards in the City of Salford (Worsley, Boothstown and Ellenbrook).
Following its 2006 review of parliamentary representation in Greater Manchester, the Boundary Commission for England recommended the creation of a modified Worsley constituency, incorporating a part of Eccles, to be called Worsley and Eccles South.
The electoral wards included in the Worsley and Eccles South constituency are:
Members of ParliamentEdit
Elections in the 2010sEdit
|Liberal Democrat||Kate Clarkson||1,087||2.4||-0.2|
|Liberal Democrat||Kate Clarkson||1,100||2.6||-13.9|
|Liberal Democrat||Richard Gadsden||6,883||16.5||+3.6|
|English Democrat||Paul Whitelegg||1,334||3.2||N/A|
Notes and referencesEdit
- "Electorate Figures – Boundary Commission for England". 2011 Electorate Figures. Boundary Commission for England. 4 March 2011. Archived from the original on November 6, 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- "Final Recommendations for Parliamentary Constituency Boundaries in Greater Manchester". Boundary Commission for England (North West). Government News Network. 2006-07-19. Archived from the original (HTTP) on 2007-09-30. Retrieved 2007-04-05.
- Leigh Rayment's Historical List of MPs – Constituencies beginning with "W" (part 5)
- "Worsley & Eccles South parliamentary constituency". BBC News.
- "Election Data 2015". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 17 October 2015. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- "Worsley & Eccles South". BBC News. Retrieved 11 May 2015.
- "Election Data 2010". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 26 July 2013. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- "Worsley & Eccles South". BBC News Online. Retrieved 2010-05-07.