Wizardology: The Book of the Secrets of Merlin
This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Wizardology: The Book of the Secrets of Merlin is a children's book created and published by The Templar Company plc in the UK, and published by Candlewick Press in America in 2005. The book is marketed as having been written by Merlin, and is the third book in the 'Ology series.
|Illustrator||Nghiem Ta, Anne Yvonne Gilbert, John Howe, Tomislav Tomic, and Helen Ward|
|Publisher||Templar Publishing (UK)|
Candlewick Press (US)
|13 September 2005|
|Media type||Print (Hardback)|
|Pages||32 pp (first edition)|
|LC Class||BF1611 .S796 2005|
|Preceded by||Egyptology: Search for the Tomb of Osiris|
|Followed by||Pirateology: A Pirate Hunter's Companion|
Wizardology is filled with useful spells and magical information. There are numerous pockets, flaps, secret codes, and scavenger hunts hidden throughout the book.
The book is written by nineteenth century author, wizardologist Merlin purporting to have written the material in ink (needs clarification on what it was actually written in).
- Chapter I: The Work of a Wizard
- Chapter II: A Wizard's Map of the World
- Chapter III: The Master Wizard's Workshop
- Chapter IV: A Wizard's Robes & Tools
- Chapter V: Spellcraft
- Chapter VI: A Wizard's Loyal Familiars
- Chapter VII: A Wizard's Menagerie of Magical Beasts
- Chapter VIII: Magical Flight & Flying Carpets
- Chapter IX: Potions, Healing & Magical Transformations
- Chapter X: Amulets, Talismans & Magical Items
- Chapter XI: Divination & Crystal Gazing
- Chapter XII: Alchemy, Astronomy & the New Sciences
- Chapter XIII: Famous Wizards of History
- Conclusion, or The Mystery of Wizardology Revealed and Concealed
Awards and honorsEdit
In other mediaEdit
In October 2007, Codemasters announced a licensing agreement to create video games for the Wii and Nintendo DS based on Wizardology, as well as Dragonology and Pirateology. Nik Nak was to develop the Wii titles.
On January 31, 2018, Paramount Pictures announced they were in the process of developing a film franchise centred around all 13 Ology books, by setting up a writers room currently consisting of Jeff Pinkner, Michael Chabon, Lindsey Beer, Joe Robert Cole, Nicole Perlman and Christina Hodson. The vision for the franchise is the hope that each of the writers will embrace the books by working with visual artists to create treatments which will eventually evolve into seven movie scripts with interconnected stories. Paramount also announced that Akiva Goldsman will act as overseer and producer of the franchise.
- "It's magic!". Publishers Weekly. 2005-10-03.
Not just the sales of Dragonology and Egyptology, but also the actual content of Wizardology: The Book of the Serets of Merlin is magic. This third book... follows the same format...
- David Jenkins (2007-10-05). "Codemasters Signs Wii/DS 'Ology Book Deal". Gama Sutra.
- Leigh Alexander (2008-01-22). "Nik Nak Developing 'Ology Wii Titles For Codemasters". Gamasutra.
- Fleming Jr., Mike (January 31, 2018). "Paramount Assembles Killer Scribe Roster To Kickstart 'Ology' Franchise". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved March 18, 2021.