This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Dragonology is a children's book series for those around the age of 8+ about dragons, written in a non-fictional style. The series contains information on dragons, including information about how to befriend and protect them as well as an alphabet of the dragon language, ancient runes, and replica samples of Dragon Scales. The series later expanded to include figures and models, a strategic board game, card game, and a video game for the Nintendo DS. Books in the series are credited to fictional authors such as Dr Ernest Drake, a member of the Secret and Ancient Society of Dragonologists, and the author of the series' first book, Dragonology: The Complete Book of Dragons.
The series first launched in 2003 the United States and Canada by Candlewick Press and in the United Kingdom by Templar Publishing. The publishers would eventually publish books with similar themes on the topics of wizardry, Egyptology, pirates, and monsters.
- Dragonology: The Complete Book of Dragons (2003) by Dr. Ernest Drake, editor Dugald Steer, illustrators Helen Ward, Wayne Anderson, Nghiem Ta, Chris Forsey, A. J. Wood, and Douglas Carrel, ISBN 1-84011-503-3
- The Dragonology Handbook: A Practical Course in Dragons by Dr. Ernest Drake, editor Dugald Steer, ISBN 1-84011-523-8
- The Dragonology Chronicles: The Dragon's Eye by Dugald Steer, ISBN 1-84011-533-5
- Dragonology Pocket Adventures Collection:
- The Northern Frost Dragon
- The Dragon Dance
- The Winged Serpent
- Dragonology: Bringing Up Baby Dragons
- The Complete Works of Dragonology
- Dragonology: The Frost Dragon
- Dragonology: Field Guide to Dragons
- Drake's Comprehensive Compendium of Dragonology (2009) by Dr. Ernest Drake, editor Dugald Steer, illustrators Nghiem Ta, J.P. Lambert, A. J. Wood, Douglas Carrel, Tomislav Tomic, Nick Harris, Wayne Anderson, and Helen Ward
- The Field Guide to Dragonology
- Dragonology: Obscure Spells and Charms of Dragon Origin
- Dragonology: Tracking and Taming Dragons
- Dragonology: Field Guide to Dragons
- Dragonology: Code Writing Kit
- Dragonology: Drake's Comprehensive Compendium of Dragonology
Dragon pocket adventures
Sets, Games, and ToysEdit
- "Discovering Dragonology". Wired. May 12, 2008. Retrieved 2016-07-27.
- "Templar Launches UK's First Augmented Reality Book". Pediatrics Week. September 26, 2009. Archived from the original on September 10, 2016. Retrieved July 27, 2016 – via Highbeam.com.
- "Dragonology and Egyptology". The Washington Post (subscription required). January 16, 2005. Archived from the original on September 11, 2016. Retrieved July 27, 2016 – via Highbeam.com.
- "Dragonology – A Movie About The Study Of Dragons By The Guys Who Brought Us Star Trek". The Mary Sue. Retrieved 2016-07-27.
- "Dr. Ernest Drake's Dragonology: The Complete Book of Dragons. (review)". Booklist. Retrieved July 27, 2016.
- Berman, Matt. "Dr. Ernest Drake's Dragonology Handbook : a practical course in dragons - Book Review". Commonsensemedia. Retrieved 2016-07-27.
- Spisak, April (2007). "Dragonology Chronicles Volume One: The Dragon's Eye (review)". Bulletin of the Center for Children's Books. 60 (6): 268. doi:10.1353/bcc.2007.0110. S2CID 144265230.
- Trujillo, Antonio (2010). "Steer, Dugald A., Editor: Drake's Comprehensive Compendium of Dragonology. (Book review)". The Horn Book Guide. 21 (1): 130.
- "Drake's Comprehensive Compendium of Dragonology (review)". School Library Journal. Bookverdict.com. April 1, 2010. Retrieved 2016-07-27.
- Thomas, By Lucas M. "Dragonology Review". IGN. Retrieved 2016-07-27.