William Jebor (born 10 November 1991) is a Liberian professional footballer who plays for Al-Fujairah in the UAE Pro-League as a striker. He is also a member and captain of the Liberia national football team.
|Full name||William Jebor|
|Date of birth||10 November 1991|
|Place of birth||Monrovia, Liberia|
|Height||1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|2014||→ Al-Ahli Tripoli (loan)||8||(7)|
|2015– 2016||→ Ponferradina (loan)||17||(2)|
|2016–2017||→ Wydad Casablanca (loan)||34||(23)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 01:47, 17 August 2019 (UTC)|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 22:02, 21 July 2019 (UTC)
He is the second Liberian to be an Africa Footballer of the Year nominee, after George Weah, who won the prestigious award three times.
Born in Monrovia, Jebor made his senior debut with Liberia Petroleum Refining Company Oilers in 2008, aged 17, after previously representing LISCR FC as a youth. In the summer of 2009, he moved abroad for the first time in his career, signing for Syrian Premier League side Taliya SC.
In 2010, Jebor switched teams and countries again, joining Egyptian Second Division club Tersana SC. After a short spell at Eastern Company, he moved to Tala'ea El Gaish in the Egyptian Premier League.
Jebor made his debut for the club on 3 February 2013, starting in a 0–1 away loss against Ismaily SC, and scored his first goal for the club on 12 March, netting the first in a 2–1 home win against El Mokawloon SC. He finished the campaign with ten goals, being tournament's topscorer; highlights included a hat-trick in a 3–2 home success over Ittihad El Shorta on 7 May.
In January 2014, Jebor switched clubs and countries again, after agreeing to a six-month loan deal with Al-Ahli Tripoli SC. On 5 August he signed a four-year contract with Portuguese side Rio Ave FC.
Jebor made his Primeira Liga debut on 13 September 2014, coming on as a second-half substitute for Renan Bressan in a 1–1 draw at Moreirense FC. He scored his first goal for the club on 30 April of the following year, netting his team's only in a 1–1 Taça de Portugal home draw against SC Braga.
On 13 October 2015, Jebor scored a hat-trick in a 3–1 win at Guinea-Bissau, after scoring another one in the first leg. And he also scored another hat-trick against Djibouti in the African Cup of Nations Qualifier. On March 29, 2016, he scored another hat-trick in a CAF 2017 qualification match in Monrovia, Liberia, between Djibouti and Liberia, becoming the only Liberian senior national football team player to score a hat-trick more than once in an international tournament. As a result, Liberians call him the "Victorious Boy", "A True Son Of The Soil", and "The Striker." He is considered by some to be the most important player of the current generation of Liberia football.
- As of matches played on 22 July 2019
|Liberia national team|
- As of 22 July 2019
- Scores and results list Liberia's goal tally first.
|1.||14 June 2015||Stade de Kégué, Lomé, Togo||Togo||1–0||1–2||2017 Africa Cup of Nations qualification|
|2.||8 October 2015||Antoinette Tubman Stadium, Monrovia, Liberia||Guinea-Bissau||1–0||1–1||2018 FIFA World Cup qualification|
|3.||13 October 2015||Estadio 24 de Setembro, Bissau, Guinea-Bissau||Guinea-Bissau||1–0||3–1||2018 FIFA World Cup qualification|
|6.||29 March 2016||Antoinette Tubman Stadium, Monrovia, Liberia||Djibouti||3–0||5–0||2017 Africa Cup of Nations qualification|
|9.||5 June 2016||Antoinette Tubman Stadium, Monrovia, Liberia||Togo||2–0||2–2||2017 Africa Cup of Nations qualification|
|10.||9 September 2018||Samuel Kanyon Doe Sports Complex, Monrovia, Liberia||DR Congo||1–0||1–1||2019 Africa Cup of Nations qualification|
|11.||16 October 2018||Samuel Kanyon Doe Sports Complex, Monrovia, Liberia||Congo||2–0||2–1||2019 Africa Cup of Nations qualification|
|12.||16 October 2018||Samuel Kanyon Doe Sports Complex, Monrovia, Liberia||Zimbabwe||1–0||1–0||2019 Africa Cup of Nations qualification|
- ""Oilers Better Than LISCR" – Says Bedell". Liberian Soccer. 17 June 2009. Retrieved 11 August 2015.
- "Liberian Contingent Grows in Egypt". Liberian Soccer. 26 November 2010. Retrieved 11 August 2015.
- "Egyptian Premier League 2012/2013 – Top scorers". FIFA.com. Archived from the original on 7 December 2013. Retrieved 11 August 2015.
- "Jebor o Iron Man" [Jebor the Iron Man] (in Portuguese). Rio Ave's official website. 5 August 2014. Retrieved 12 August 2015.
- "Moreirense 1–1 Rio Ave" (in Portuguese). Sapo. 13 September 2014. Retrieved 12 August 2015.
- "TP: Rio Ave-Sp. Braga, 1–1 (crónica)" [TP: Rio Ave-Sp. Braga, 1–1 (report)] (in Portuguese). Mais Futebol. 30 April 2015. Retrieved 12 August 2015.
- "William Jebor se une a la Ponferradina" [William Jebor joins Ponferradina] (in Spanish). Ponferradina's official website. 28 July 2015. Retrieved 12 August 2015.
- "Late Adebayor goal downs Liberia". MTN Group. 14 June 2015. Retrieved 12 August 2015.
- "William Jebor". National Football Teams. Benjamin Strack-Zimmerman. Retrieved 12 February 2017.