Wikipedia talk:Featured topics/Mary Wollstonecraft
Return to the project page "Featured topics/Mary Wollstonecraft".
"Mary Wollstonecraft" includes articles on the major works of Mary Wollstonecraft and, potentially, the major people in her life. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Awadewit (talk • contribs) 22:22, 30 October 2007 (UTC)
- Analytical Review - A journal published by Joseph Johnson that MW helped edit
- This is nearing GA level; it probably cannot be taken beyond GA - there is not enough scholarship on the topic. Awadewit | talk 10:37, 7 November 2007 (UTC)
- Memoirs of the Author of A Vindication of the Rights of Woman - Godwin's biography of MW that destroyed her reputation
- William Godwin - MW's husband
- Gilbert Imlay - MW's lover
- Henry Fuseli - MW loved him fiercely and wanted to live with him and his wife
- Joseph Johnson - MW's publisher and close friend; she described him as a father and a brother
- This article is well-advanced; it needs polishing to become an FA. Awadewit | talk 10:37, 7 November 2007 (UTC)
- Fanny Imlay - MW and Gilbert Imlay's daughter
- This article has been radically expanded using Todd's new biography. It can be brought to FA status. Details need to be checked against other biographies, but the bulk of the material is present. Rewriting must now begin. Awadewit | talk 08:29, 16 December 2007 (UTC)
- Mary Shelley - MW and William Godwin's daughter
- This article has a lot of unsourced material. It may need to be substantially retooled. Awadewit | talk 10:40, 7 November 2007 (UTC)
- I was just going to wait and add them all together - saves time and energy. It is such a bother to add anything to the topic. However, if you think we should add AR now, let's add all of the current FAs. Awadewit (talk) 17:54, 4 July 2008 (UTC)
- Well as I said, I think all six people would have to be added together, as adding some but not others would result in an obvious gap in that section of the topic, whereas having none means they are not currently (not yet, anyway) in the scope of the topic.
- But if you want to wait, and add them all at once, or add either Memoirs of the Author of A Vindication of the Rights of Woman and Analytical Review or the people and Analytical Review together, that's of course absolutely fine.
- I only said you possibly should add Analytical Review now as one could argue it presents a gap in being her only work not currently included, however equally one could argue it doesn't as Analytical Review is a periodical and she only contributed to it, so it's fine for it to be out for now - rst20xx (talk) 19:23, 4 July 2008 (UTC)