Wikipedia:Selected anniversaries/April 19
- AD 65 – The freedman Milichus betrayed Gaius Calpurnius Piso's plot to kill Roman emperor Nero, leading to the arrest of the conspirators.
- 1713 – With no living male heirs, Charles VI, Holy Roman Emperor, issued the Pragmatic Sanction, which allowed daughters to inherit the Habsburg hereditary possessions.
- 1903 – Anti-Jewish riots broke out in Kishinev, the capital of Bessarabia Governorate, causing the death of nearly 50 Jews and focusing worldwide attention on the persecution of Jews in Russia.
- 1984 – "Advance Australia Fair", written by Scottish-born composer Peter Dodds McCormick, officially replaced "God Save the Queen" as Australia's national anthem.
- 1995 – A truck bomb destroyed much of the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building (damage pictured) in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, killing 168 people and injuring more than 680 others.