|Born||Whitney Lee Thompson
September 26, 1987
Atlantic Beach, Florida, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||Ian Forrester (m. 2014)|
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Agency||Elite Model Management
Before her appearance on the show, Thompson worked locally in northern Florida and appeared on the cover of Jacksonville Magazine three times. She attended Duncan U. Fletcher High School and the University of North Florida, where she was a member of Alpha Chi Omega.
America's Next Top Model
Thompson competed against 13 other contestants to win cycle 10 of America's Next Top Model. She was selected as one of the finalists to enter the Top Model house. Almost every judge, except for Tyra Banks, criticized her performances and personality as being "too pageant" and "fake", this came along by a CoverGirl commercial, Thompson landed in the bottom two with contestant Lauren Utter. Thompson received a first call-out during the music-themed photo shoot, and won one CoverGirl of the Week title, from the final photo-shoot challenge of cycle 10. She landed in the bottom two a total of four times, which makes her the winner with most bottom two appearances. Thompson competed in the finale against Anya Kop and won the title, making her the first plus-size model to win the show.
The prize package included a contract with CoverGirl cosmetics and a contract with Elite Model Management. She also received the cover and six-page editorial spread in the July 2008 issue of Seventeen magazine. Thompson's CoverGirl contract includes a US national TV commercial, print advertising, and a billboard in Times Square.
After America's Next Top Model
This section of a biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (June 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Thompson has been on the cover of Jacksonville Magazine August 2005, October 2005, March 2006, and August 2008, as well as Plus Model Magazine January 2010, Animal Fair Magazine, and Supermodels Unlimited, September/October 2008. She's also a spokesmodel for Smile Stylists, modeled for Metrostyle, JC Penney, People Magazine, Diana Warner Jewelry, Forever 21, Saks Fifth Avenue, the face for Torrid, Converse One Star, Fashion Bug, and a campaign with Pure Energy/Target, Fall 2010, and the face for Panache lingerie, Winter 2014.
- "Whitney Thompson". Wilhelmina Models.
- "Whitney Lee Thompson Forrester | Facebook". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 2016-04-21.
- "magazine article". Jacksonville.com. February 28, 2008.
- First call-out occurs during the elimination period of the episode where a model's name is the first called by Tyra Banks to receive their photograph. It indicates first place in the particular photo shoot.
- Martina Liverani (2010-09-17). "Whitney Thompson". Vogue.it. Retrieved 2013-01-04.
-  Archived January 25, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
-  Archived February 10, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- "On Your Side - Consumer News | Jacksonville, FL - St. Augustine, FL - Brunswick, GA". Firstcoastnews.com. Retrieved 2013-01-04.