Location in Gelderland
|• Body||Municipal council|
|• Mayor||Jos Penninx (PvdA)|
|• Total||126.47 km2 (48.83 sq mi)|
|• Land||123.07 km2 (47.52 sq mi)|
|• Water||3.40 km2 (1.31 sq mi)|
|Elevation||6 m (20 ft)|
|• Density||197/km2 (510/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
|Area code||055, 0571|
- Appen (near a wood where nice walks can be taken)
- Bussloo (with a recreation centre with a small lake and beach)
- De Kar (near a motorway junction (A1, Amsterdam- Berlin)
- De Vecht
- De Wijk
- Gietelo (castle ruin of Nijenbeek on the IJssel dyke)
- Klarenbeek (partly in the municipality Apeldoorn; small railroad station)
- Posterenk (also near the A1, with an old Dutch wind-mill)
- Steenenkamer, actually an outskirt of Deventer
- Teuge (with an airfield, where parachuting is taught)
- Twello, half-way between Apeldoorn and Deventer, which is the main village of the municipality, having over 11,000 inhabitants; the town-hall, some industry, most schools, a railway station, a shopping centre etc. can be found there
- Voorst, an old village along the road between Apeldoorn and Zutphen, with a beautiful old church; 1 mile south of Voorst, another small railroad station was opened in 2006
- Wilp, a tiny village on the IJssel opposite to Deventer; it has a small, very old church and a hospital for mentally handicapped people; the village already existed in 768; Saint Lebuinus built a chapel there; the name is allegedly derived from wel-apa that is: well-water; it is possible, that prehistoric Celtic or Germanic people worshipped a holy well there.
Dutch topographic map of the municipality of Voorst, June 2015
- Ludolph Anne Jan Wilt Sloet van de Beele (1806 in Voorst – 1890) the Governor-General of the Dutch East Indies 1861/1866
- Johannes Gijsbertus Bastiaans (1812 in Wilp - 1875) a Dutch organist, composer and music theorist
- Anthony Winkler Prins (1817 in Voorst – 1908) a Dutch writer of the Winkler Prins encyclopedia.
- Willem Anne Assueer Jacob Schimmelpenninck van der Oye (1834 in Voorst – 1889) a Dutch baron and politician
- Jan Terlouw (born 1931 in Kamperveen) a retired Dutch politician, physicist and author
- Evert Jan Baerends (born 1945 in Voorst) a Dutch theoretical chemist and academic
- Jan-Dirk Nijkamp (born 1964 in Voorst) a Dutch sprint canoer who competed in the 1992 Summer Olympics
- Jurgen Streppel (born 1969 in Voorst) a retired football player with 373 club caps
- Robert Horstink (born 1981 in Twello) a volleyball player, competed in the 2004 Summer Olympics
- "Burgemeester Jos Penninx" [Mayor Jos Penninx] (in Dutch). Gemeente Voorst. Retrieved 20 July 2014.
- "Kerncijfers wijken en buurten" [Key figures for neighbourhoods]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 2 July 2013. Retrieved 12 March 2014.
- "Postcodetool for 7391KA". Actueel Hoogtebestand Nederland (in Dutch). Het Waterschapshuis. Retrieved 20 July 2014.
- "Bevolkingsontwikkeling; regio per maand" [Population growth; regions per month]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 27 October 2017. Retrieved 27 October 2017.