Volovets (Ukrainian: Воловець; Hungarian: Volóc; Polish: Wołowiec; Russian: Воловец; Slovak: Volovec) is an urban-type settlement in Mukachevo Raion, Zakarpattia Oblast, western Ukraine. Volovets was the administrative center of Volovets Raion (district) until 2020, housing the district's local administration buildings. The town's population was 5,178 as of the 2001 Ukrainian Census. Current population: 4,961 (2022 estimate).
|Urban-type settlement status||1957|
|• Settlement Head||Mykhailo Popelych|
|Elevation||479 m (1,572 ft)|
|Time zone||UTC+2 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+3 (EEST)|
|Area code||+380 3136|
Sister cities edit
Volovets is the main transport location through which passenger trains and tourists to Transcarpathia from almost all over Ukraine go. Volovets district is part of the ethnographic district of Boykivshchyna, which is one of the four well-known historical and ethnographic groups of the Ukrainian Carpathians - Hutsuls, Boykos, Lemkos and Dolynians. Volovets district offers guests both calm and active recreation. Special mention should be made of the recreational area of the village of Zhdeniievo, with its numerous camp sites and hotels that provide services for different groups of tourists.
People from Volovets edit
- "Volovets (Zakarpattia Oblast, Volovets Raion)". weather.in.ua. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- "Volovets, Zakarpattia Oblast, Volovets Raion". Regions of Ukraine and their Structure (in Ukrainian). Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- Чисельність наявного населення України на 1 січня 2022 [Number of Present Population of Ukraine, as of January 1, 2022] (PDF) (in Ukrainian and English). Kyiv: State Statistics Service of Ukraine. Archived (PDF) from the original on 4 July 2022.
- "Volovets". Mandrivka Ukrainoyu (in Ukrainian). travelua.com.ua. 30 November 2011. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- "Herzlich willkommen". Volovec-BadEndorf.de (in German). Archived from the original on 8 August 2018. Retrieved 26 December 2012.