This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Vizzola Ticino is a village and comune of the province of Varese in Lombardy, Italy. It is on the banks of the Ticino River, immediately to the west of Strada Provinciale 52 on the western perimeter of Malpensa Airport.
|Comune di Vizzola Ticino|
|• Total||7.61 km2 (2.94 sq mi)|
|• Density||76/km2 (200/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
In the late 19th century, the town was the site of one of the largest electrical generating facilities in Europe, powered by a canal run from the Ticino. The Caproni aircraft company had a manufacturing facility here and the Gianni Caproni Museum of Aeronautics was situated here from the 1960s to the 1980s.
- "Superficie di Comuni Province e Regioni italiane al 9 ottobre 2011". Istat. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- "Popolazione Residente al 1° Gennaio 2018". Istat. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- Chisholm, Hugh, ed. (1911). Encyclopædia Britannica. 28 (11th ed.). Cambridge University Press. p. 165. .
- Caproni Aircraft Museum - English version
- "Europe." Nippon Cargo Airlines. Retrieved on February 17, 2012. "Centro Direzionale MXP Business Park, Via Don Andrea Sacconago Snc, 21010 Vizzola Ticino (VA), Italy"
|This article on a location in the Province of Varese is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|