|Founder||Dag Kittlaus, Adam Cheyer and Chris Brigham|
|Headquarters||San Jose, California|
Viv is an intelligent personal assistant software created by the developers of Siri. It debuted on May 9, 2016, at Disrupt NYC. Compared to Siri, the software's platform is open and can accommodate external plug-ins written to work with the assistant. It can also handle more complex queries. The development team has been working on the software since 2012 and had raised over $22 million in funding by early 2015 and $30 million by early 2016.
- Jacob Kastrenakes (May 4, 2016). "Siri's creators will unveil their new AI bot on Monday". The Verge. Vox Media.
- Elizabeth Dwoskin (May 4, 2016). "Siri's creators say they've made something better that will take care of everything for you". Washington Post.
- Ben Popper (May 9, 2016). "The creators of Siri just showed off their next AI assistant, Viv, and it's incredible". The Verge. Vox Media.
- "Siri's Inventors Are Building a Radical New AI That Does Anything You Ask". WIRED. August 12, 2014.
- John H. Richardson (April 28, 2015). "Viv Is a New Artificial Intelligence from the Inventors of Siri". Esquire.
- "Viv, Built By Siri's Creators, Scores $12.5 Million For An AI Technology That Can Teach Itself". TechCrunch. AOL. February 20, 2015.
- Zoë Corbyn. "Meet Viv: the AI that wants to read your mind and run your life". the Guardian.
- Panzarino, Matthew (5 October 2016). "Samsung acquires Viv, a next-gen AI assistant built by the creators of Apple's Siri". TechCrunch. Retrieved 10 October 2016.
- "Samsung to launch AI digital assistant service for Galaxy S8". Reuters. 6 November 2016. Retrieved 20 November 2016.