S Voice is an intelligent personal assistant and knowledge navigator which is only available as a built-in application for the Samsung Galaxy S III, S III Mini (including NFC), S4, S4 Mini, S4 Active, S5, S5 Mini, S II Plus, Note II, Note 3, Note 4, Note 10.1, Note 8.0, Stellar, Mega, Grand, Avant, Core, Ace 3, Tab 3 7.0, Tab 3 8.0, Tab 3 10.1, Galaxy Camera, and other 2013 or later Samsung Android devices. The application uses a natural language user interface to answer questions, make recommendations, and perform actions by delegating requests to a set of Web services. S Voice is based on the Vlingo personal assistant. For Galaxy S5 and later Samsung Galaxy devices, S Voice runs on Nuance instead of Vlingo.
|Initial release||30 May 2012|
|Final release||4.0.00.20 (August 18, 2017)|
|Operating system||Android 4.0 "Ice Cream Sandwich"|
Android 4.1 – 4.3 "Jelly Bean"
Android 4.4 "Kit Kat"
Android 5.0 – 5.1.1 "Lollipop"
Android 6.0 – 6.0.1 "Marshmallow"
Android 7.0 – 7.1.1 "Nougat"
|Available in||English, French, Spanish, Korean, Italian, Russian, German and Hindi|
|Type||Intelligent personal assistant|
Some of the capabilities of S Voice include making appointments, opening apps, setting alarms, updating social network websites such as Facebook or Twitter and navigation. S Voice also offers multitasking as well as automatic activation features, for example, when the car engine is started.
In a disclaimer that pops up on first opening S Voice, Samsung states that the app is provided by a third party which it does not name.
Flagship smartphones and tabletsEdit
- Samsung Galaxy S2 (including S2 Plus)
- Samsung Galaxy S3 (including S3 Mini and S3 Neo)
- Samsung Galaxy S4 (including S4 Active and S4 Mini)
- Samsung Galaxy S5 (including S5 Active, S5 Mini and S5 Neo)
- Samsung Galaxy S6 (including S6 Edge and S6 Edge+)
- Samsung Galaxy S7 (including S7 Edge and S7 Active)
- Samsung Galaxy Note
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge
- Samsung Galaxy Note 5
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 / FE
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Mid-range smartphones and tabletsEdit
- "S Voice App APKs - APKMirror". APKMirror. Android Police. 18 August 2017. Retrieved 26 August 2017.
- Wollman, Dana (3 May 2012). "Samsung announces SmartStay and S Voice features for the Galaxy S III". Engadget. Retrieved 16 May 2012.
- Lunden, Ingrid (3 May 2012). "Samsung: The Death Of The Spec Gives Way To The Birth Of The Human Touch". TechCrunch. Retrieved 16 May 2012.
- "Samsung's New S-Voice Is Just A Skinned Version Of Vlingo Labs Beta on Google Play".
- "Samsung GALAXY S4". CaCELL. Archived from the original on 16 April 2013. Retrieved 17 April 2013.
- Dolcourt, Jessie. "Samsung's S Voice Drive app might not suck (hands-on)". Cnet. Retrieved 17 April 2013.
- "Official Samsung Support". Samsung Electronics America. Retrieved 26 February 2016.
|S Voice||Succeeded by|