Request to protect Bepanah Pyaar article
I request you to have protected this article Bepanah Pyaar because this article is many IP user try to make unhelpful changes so I request you sir accept my request and protect this article at least 1 month, Thank you. Goodd-002 (chatme) 18:44, 14 May 2019 (UTC)
- Done by Lectonar. For future reference, you can get a speedier response by making protection requests at WP:RFPP. Best, — MusikAnimal talk 17:03, 16 May 2019 (UTC)
Hello MusikAnimal, i am from ckbwiki. I founded this gadget from here and followed the instructions to create it on ckbwiki. But i have some problem now; first, i translated the terms to my language, but i didn't see the result on the dropdown menus! Second, when i hover to the any <li>, the second <ul> appeared on that <ul> instead of next to the <ul>. What should i do to fix them? Thanks!
ئارام بکر (talk) 22:00, 9 May 2019 (UTC)
- @ئارام بکر: Hello! On line 568, just change
right. That should fix the issue with the menus overlapping. However it appears the widths of the submenus still aren't right. It's not immediately obvious to me why this is. I'm not sure about the translations not showing up... that seemed to work in my testing. I can't look into it right now but I can revisit next week at the Hackathon. I'll get back to you! One day hopefully soon I will do a full rewrite of this gadget so that it is localizable and with native RTL support. When this happens your wiki will be notified :) Best, — MusikAnimal talk 19:55, 10 May 2019 (UTC)
- I tried to change left to right at that line code, but changes will not happened! Please look here to see all ralated pages to the gadget. I followed the meta:MoreMenu instructions to install it. If you want, i tell you to active the gadget on ckbwiki to see the problems and results. However, i wait you to help me:) Thanks! --ئارام بکر (talk) 23:24, 10 May 2019 (UTC)
- Hello again, I fixed both problems by changing en to ckb from here. Thank you for this useful gadget! --ئارام بکر (talk) 16:08, 16 May 2019 (UTC)
An IP back in 2011 (!) added some most definitely BLP violating statements. Would you mind performing a revdel from the creation of the page to my reversion of the IP's comment. Thanks, Dreamy Jazz 🎷 talk to me | my contributions 20:06, 10 May 2019 (UTC)
- Borderline worthy of revdel, in my opinion, but Done. Sorry for the late reply, — MusikAnimal talk 11:28, 17 May 2019 (UTC)
Sandbox Vandalizing Continues - QIDb602
Do you remember when someone vandalized my sandbox along with AJ1399's and Saritra's? The user has started vandalizing again after the protection for our sandboxes expired. Also, new accounts that impersonate us have been made. They include QlDb602, OIDb602, AJ1391, and Sarltra. Can you please block those accounts and protect our sandboxes again, perhaps indefinitely so the vandalizer cannot edit them anymore? Thanks!
QIDb602 (talk) 05:22, 12 May 2019 (UTC)
- All set. — MusikAnimal talk 21:55, 17 May 2019 (UTC)
00:48, 14 May 2019 (UTC)
|May 22, 7pm: WikiWednesday Salon and Skill-Share NYC
You are invited to join the Wikimedia NYC community for our monthly "WikiWednesday" evening salon (7-9pm) and knowledge-sharing workshop at Metropolitan New York Library Council in Midtown Manhattan. Is there a project you'd like to share? A question you'd like answered? A Wiki* skill you'd like to learn? Let us know by adding it to the agenda.
Featuring this month a presentation by Interference Archive guests, and a group discussion on the role of activist archives and building wiki content based on ephemeral publications and oral histories.
To close off the night, we'll also have Wikidojo - a group collaborative writing activity / vaudeville!
We will also follow up on plans for recent and upcoming edit-a-thons, museum and library projects, education initiatives, and other outreach activities.
- 7:00pm - 9:00 pm at Metropolitan New York Library Council (8th floor) at 599 11th Avenue, Manhattan
- (note this month we will be meeting in Midtown Manhattan, not at Babycastles)
We especially encourage folks to add your 5-minute lightning talks to our roster, and otherwise join in the "open space" experience! Newcomers are very welcome! Bring your friends and colleagues! --Wikimedia New York City Team 17:10, 16 May 2019 (UTC)
(You can subscribe/unsubscribe from future notifications for NYC-area events by adding or removing your name from this list.)
NPR Newsletter No.18
- WMF at work on NPP Improvements
Niharika Kohli, a product manager for the growth team, announced that work is underway in implementing improvements to New Page Patrol as part of the 2019 Community Wishlist and suggests all who are interested watch the project page on meta. Two requested improvements have already been completed. These are:
- Allow filtering by no citations in page curation
- Not having CSD and PRODs automatically marked as reviewed, reflecting current consensus among reviewers and current Twinkle functionality.
- Reliable Sources for NPP
Rosguill has been compiling a list of reliable sources across countries and industries that can be used by new page patrollers to help judge whether an article topic is notable or not. At this point further discussion is needed about if and how this list should be used. Please consider joining the discussion about how this potentially valuable resource should be developed and used.
- Backlog drive coming soon
Look for information on the an upcoming backlog drive in our next newsletter. If you'd like to help plan this drive, join in the discussion on the New Page Patrol talk page.
- Discussions of interest
Six Month Queue Data: Today – 7242 Low – 2393 High – 7250
Stay up to date with even more news – subscribe to The Signpost.
Go here to remove your name if you wish to opt-out of future mailings.
Delivered by MediaWiki message delivery (talk) on behalf of DannyS712 (talk) at 19:17, 17 May 2019 (UTC)
- @DannyS712: Niharika is on Community Tech, not the Growth team! :) Community Tech is solely responsible for the improvements that were requested in the survey.
- Oops - @Barkeep49 should I do another run to fix it or should we just leave it? --DannyS712 (talk) 23:39, 17 May 2019 (UTC)— MusikAnimal talk 21:45, 17 May 2019 (UTC)
- I think (most) everybody knows this is Community Tech's project, so it's perhaps not worth authoring a bot to fix all those talk pages. Up to you! Just make sure you get it right next time =P — MusikAnimal talk 00:12, 18 May 2019 (UTC)
- No need to "author a bot" - I already have standing approval for using a bot to fix mass messages. --DannyS712 (talk) 00:14, 18 May 2019 (UTC)
Latest tech news from the Wikimedia technical community. Please tell other users about these changes. Not all changes will affect you. Translations are available.
- File descriptions for files from Commons were not shown properly on other Wikimedia wikis for a few days. For example the image descriptions and license information were missing. This has now been fixed. 
- Some diffs show an error message when you try to see them. The developers are working on fixing it. It could be because of some edit comments. 
Changes later this week
- The new version of MediaWiki will be on test wikis and MediaWiki.org from 21 May. It will be on non-Wikipedia wikis and some Wikipedias from 22 May. It will be on all wikis from 23 May (calendar).
- You can join the technical advice meeting on IRC. During the meeting, volunteer developers can ask for advice. The meeting will be on 22 May at 15:00 (UTC). See how to join.
- The content translation tool on Wikipedia can use machine translations. There is a system to stop translations where the editors do not fix machine translation mistakes. This warns or stops them if they seem to just copy what the machine translation gives them. If this system is too strict or not strict enough you can tell the language team. 
- The Wikidata
wbeditentity API endpoint will remove all aliases if the request includes an empty alias. This is how it supposed to work. It has not been working this way because of a bug. This will start on 12 June. 
Tech news prepared by Tech News writers and posted by bot • Contribute • Translate • Get help • Give feedback • Subscribe or unsubscribe.
13:04, 20 May 2019 (UTC)