Hi there! Around Wikipedia and several other Wikimedia sites, I go by Ceranthor. I borrowed this username from the novel Eragon by Christopher Paolini. Growing up, I had a vivid imagination, so I indulged myself in the fantasy novels of the likes of Paolini, Cornelia Funke, and Garth Nix.
I contribute to a few areas; I am:
- an administrator. This means I have a few extra tools to help maintain the wikipedia project. I was elected a "sysop" on April 24, 2010. (Link) As I stated at my RfA, I strive to be accountable and conservative in my admin actions. I don't perform them that often and when I do I prefer helping out with backlogs. For what it's worth, I'm also somewhere within the top 3,000 editors in terms of edit count.
- a reviewer. I focus on FAC, but sometimes I branch out to Peer Review or GAN. I tend to focus on prose, though I obviously check research and I'm a real stickler for sourcechecks and spotchecks. I update FAC Urgents too.
- a sporadic administrator at usernames for administrator attention. Depending on the noticeboard, you might notice me regularly or sporadically commenting at these places when I'm not working on content.
- a person who will answer any queries. Feel free to ask me any questions, and direct urgent questions to my email or my talk page. I'm not sure I'll be able to answer all of them, but granted I can answer at least some. If you're giving me criticism, or questioning something I did, feel free, but try to assume good faith.
In real life?
- I'm a nerd and a student with a passion for science, especially biology, and I'm going into a career in medicine. I also enjoy learning about space, our solar system, and American history, and I love dissecting film, music, and literature. My favorite film is The Silence of the Lambs (1991), followed closely by Jane Campion's The Piano (1993). Musically, I like pretty much everything excluding country music — I'm a huge fan of Björk, Janelle Monáe, Laura Marling, Stevie Wonder, Joni Mitchell, and Joanna Newsom. My favorite book is probably Alice's Adventures in Wonderland; I am also fascinated by The Waste Land and Russian literature.