Joined 14 March 2009
Hello, my name is Arlen and I live in the Eastern USA.
The messages to the seven churches, while being for actual churches, can also be applied to seven distinct ages of the Church.
- Ephesus - The strong church
- Had patiently borne adversity, and could not stand evil.
- They had left their first love. God appealed to them to remember from where they had fallen.
- Smyrna - The poor, rich church.
- This church would face persecution.
- God had nothing against them.
- Pergamos - The faltering church
- Had not denied God.
- Had allowed false prophets into the church.
- Thyatira - The apostate church
- Had many good works.
- Had allowed the false prophetess Jezebel to come in.
- Sardis - The dying church
- Asked to repent and watch.
- Philadelphia - The weak church
- God promised to keep them from the hour of temptation.
- The synagogue of satan, who claimed to be jews, would know that God was with them.
- Laodocia - The lukewarm church
- This church thought they were fine.
- God asked them to buy gold from him, so they would be rich.