Universal Animation Studios
This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Universal Animation Studios, formerly known as Universal Cartoon Studios, is an American animation studio which is a division of Universal Pictures. It has produced sequels to Universal-released feature films, such as The Land Before Time, An American Tail, Balto, as well as other films and television series.
Company logo post-2006
|Universal Cartoon Studios (1991–2006)|
|Predecessor||Walter Lantz Productions|
|Margie Cohn (Head of DWA Television)|
Animated television shows
Theatrical feature films
|Title||Release date||Co-production with|
|Curious George||February 10, 2006||Imagine Entertainment|
|The Tale of Despereaux||December 19, 2008||Relativity Media, Framestore Feature Animation|
|Curious George 2: Follow That Monkey![R]||July 10, 2009||Imagine Entertainment, Toon City Animation|
|Woody Woodpecker[R]||October 5, 2017||Universal 1440 Entertainment|
|The Legend Of Spyro 3D||Unreleased||The Animation Picture Company|
- R Not released theatrically in the United States
Direct-to-video feature films
- A An adult animated production.
- Fractured Fairy Tales: The Phox, the Box, & the Lox (1999)
- A Wish for Wings That Work (1991)
- Curious George: A Very Monkey Christmas (2009)
- How Murray Saved Christmas (2014)
- 63rd Academy Awards (1991) - animation for Woody Woodpecker presenting the award for Best Animated Short Film
- Kids WB! promos - Earthworm Jim segments.
- The Incredible Hulk Coaster (1999-2015 version) - traditionally animated introduction.
- The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man (1999) - traditionally-animated introduction
- Dudley-Do Right’s RipSaw Falls (1999) - traditionally-animated queue video.
- Escape from Jurassic Park, an animated TV series that takes place after the first Jurassic Park movie and before The Lost World: Jurassic Park. While a pitchfilm was made and character designs, outlines and backgrounds had been created, Steven Spielberg never saw it and cancelled it after the storyboards were finished.
- Crash Bandicoot cut scenes, cut scenes that were unused for the first Crash Bandicoot video game due to Sony wanting to push the 3D graphics. It has been theorized that these were going to be used as the basis for a Crash Bandicoot animated series.
- Jurassic Park: Chaos Effect, another animated Jurassic Park TV series which takes place after The Lost World and before Jurassic Park III. It would also be accompanied by the toy series under the same name by Kenner Toys. It would've involved a group of scientists having created dinosaur hybrids consisting of DNA from different creatures. However, like its predecessor series, its production was cancelled.
- "Registration Certificate". United States Patent and Trademark Office. October 6, 1992. Retrieved September 25, 2014.
First use 4-5-1991, in commerce 4-5-1991.
- Rainey, James; Rainey, James (23 August 2016). "NBCUniversal Sets New DreamWorks Animation Chain of Command".
- "Curious George 3: Back to the Jungle". Universal Studios Entertainment. Retrieved March 30, 2015.
- "Rawr: Reba's Voice Will Be In The Next Land Before Time Movie". US99.5. August 18, 2015. Retrieved November 21, 2015.
- "Curious George: Royal Monkey - Trailer". YouTube. Retrieved July 22, 2019.
- Oscars (7 July 2015). "Short Film Winners: 1991 Oscars" – via YouTube.
- "The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man (1999) - IMDb" – via www.imdb.com.