U.S. Gold Limited was a British video game publisher based in Witton, England. The company was founded in 1984 by Geoff Brown in parallel to his distributor firm, CentreSoft, both of which became part of Woodward Brown Holdings (later renamed CentreGold). The company primarily aimed at publishing games imported from the United States with a lower price tag in Europe and especially the United Kingdom.
|Fate||Closed by parent|
By 1985, U.S. Gold projected a turnover of US$6 million for their first fiscal year, and expected to release further 150 games in the year to come. In 1988, U.S. Gold received the Golden Joystick Award for "Software House of the Year". The company also operated the budget range label Kixx. In April 1996, Eidos Interactive acquired the entire CentreGold umbrella (including U.S. Gold) for GB£17.6 million, as a result of which U.S. Gold and CentreSoft ceased all operations.
|Beach Head||EU:1984||C64, Amstrad CPC, ZX Spectrum, BBC|
|Hurricanes||NA:1994 (SNES), EU:1994 (SNES,GEN)||Super NES, Sega Genesis|
|Infiltrator||EU:1986||C64, Amstrad CPC, ZX Spectrum|
|Raid over Moscow||EU:1984||C64, Amstrad CPC, ZX Spectrum, BBC|
|Shadow Dancer||NA:1991, EU:1991 (ZX Spectrum & Amstrad CPC)||C64, Amiga, ZX Spectrum, Amstrad CPC, Atari ST|
|Techno Cop||NA:1988, NA:1989 (Amiga)||Apple II, Atari ST, MS-DOS, Amiga|
- Anderson, Chris (June 1985). "On top of the US Goldmine". Zzap!64. No. 2. Newsfield. pp. 46–48. Retrieved 5 June 2017.
- Lacey, Eugene (May 1988). "Golden Joystick Awards 1988". Computer and Video Games. No. 79. Future Publishing. p. 39. Retrieved 5 June 2017.
- Rob (December 2001). "Interview with an Ex-ACG (Ashby Computers & Graphics) Employee". www.retroisle.com. Retrieved 4 June 2017.
- "EIDOS PROPOSES TO TAKE OVER CENTREGOLD". www.telecompaper.com. 29 March 1996. Retrieved 4 June 2017.
- Moss, Richard (31 March 2015). ""It felt like robbery": Tomb Raider and the fall of Core Design". arstechnica.com. Retrieved 4 June 2017.
|This United Kingdom video game corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|