Tum Hi Ho
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (July 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
"Tum Hi Ho" (English: "You are the one") is a song from the Indian movie Aashiqui 2, sung by Arijit Singh and composed by Mithoon. Picturised on Aditya Roy Kapoor and Shraddha Kapoor, it was released by Bhushan Kumar under T-Series, it became popular remaining in the top 10 of Planet Bollywood for eight weeks and capturing the first spot on the Top 20 of MTV India for seven weeks.
|"Tum Hi Ho"|
|Single by Arijit Singh|
|from the album Aashiqui 2|
|Released||16 March 2013|
|Genre||acoustic music, Filmi, Indian pop|
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (September 2019)
The audio song was released on 16 March 2013 and received critical reception from critics as well as became very popular among the audiences. The video song was released on 23 March 2013. tum hi ho song by Arijit Singh the video song publish on youtube May 20, 2013, read the tum hi ho lyrics click here
The song received acclaim from critics. Glamsham gave a rating of 5 stars out of 5 and said, "It is indeed an exhilarating experience listening to the songs of Aashiqui 2 and in this age of mundane and average/repetitive musical fares that are being churned out, the audio of Aashiqui 2 is surely a treat for all music buffs. "Tum Hi Ho" and "Sunn Raha Hai" (both versions) are our favorites, but "Chahun Main Ya Naa" and "Piya Aaye Na" end up as a close second. A chartbusting musical experience indeed." Planet Bollywood commented "The song has all the hallmarks of a Mithoon creation; it’s soulful, extremely touching and of course it’s dripping with melody. The piano, strings, and beats are very effective in creating an eerie romantic atmosphere for the singer to transform the song and Arijit Singh does that magnificently. " Koimoi commented, "Album opens with a heavy and deep voice of Arijit Singh crooning Tum Hi Ho. Composer Mithoon has penned the lyrics for this passionate ballad which might remind one of the rest of the Bhatt music that has been heard in abundance in recent times, right from Raaz 3 to Jism 2. Arijit’s voice does touch the listener’s heart and lyrics support the passion as well." IANS wrote, "The album opens with "Tum hi ho". Sung by Arijit Singh, it starts slowly but gradually picks up the pace. Melodious and rhythmic, it has meaningful lyrics[clarification needed]. A happy romantic number, it brings the story of a lover sharing his happiness with the world " while some critics call it a self-centered narration of a lover's heart along with a darkness.
Success and impactEdit
The song became a hit with approximately 5 million views on YouTube within 10 days of release, which helped in the marketing of the film. Various versions of the song were uploaded by amateur singers, guitarists and DJs on social networking sites. Aashiqui 2 had less than 3 weeks for the promotion unlike other Bollywood movies which indulge in months of promotion. However, it was Tum Hi Ho which became a rage and created instant buzz for the film in the market. The movie upon release, became a blockbuster, earning ₹132 crore in an unimaginable 11-week run worldwide and was termed as one of the best trending films of Indian Cinema. The song won Most Entertaining Song of the year at the Big Star Entertainment Awards 2013. The music video on Youtube has garnered 210 million views as in January 2019. 
The song was released in another duet version called "Meri Aashiqui" with Palak Muchhal.
Composer Mithoon stated:
"Sir, the melody that you have used in your new song is my original work for a previously released Hindi film..The Label is looking into this."
- Arijit Singh received the Filmfare Award for Best Male Playback Singer in the 59th Filmfare Awards 2014.
- Mithoon received the Filmfare Award for Best Music Director and received a nomination for Filmfare Award for Best Lyricist in the 59th Filmfare Awards 2014.
- Big Star Most Entertaining Song (2013) - Big Star Entertainment Awards 2013.
- Song of The Year (2014) – Zee Cine Awards 2014.
- Screen Award for Best Male Playback – 20th Screen Awards 2014.
- 6th Mirchi Music Awards
- Constance Gaanakgomo (11 February 2018). "Bollywood sensation keeps Indian classical music alive". iol.co.za. Retrieved 2 February 2019..
- "Aashiqui 2: Music Review". Glamsham. 9 April 2013. Retrieved 21 May 2013.
- "Aashiqui 2 – music review by Atta Khan". Planet Bollywood. Retrieved 20 March 2014.
- "Aashiqui 2 Movie Music Review | Aashiqui 2 Movie Full Video Songs". Koimoi.com. 16 April 2013. Retrieved 20 March 2014.
- Sharma, Sarika (4 April 2013). "Tum Hi Ho from Aashiqui 2 a hit on YouTube with over 1.5 mln views in 10 days". The Indian Express. Retrieved 22 May 2013.
- "Big Star Entertainment Awards Winner List". Pinkvilla. 18 December 2013. Retrieved 20 March 2014.
- T-Series (4 April 2013). ""Tum Hi Ho" Aashiqui 2 Full Song With Lyrics". YouTube. Retrieved 17 September 2017.
- "American rapper T-Pain copies Tum Hi Ho, gets racist. Twitter burns him. YouTube takes down video". India Today. 18 December 2018. Retrieved 2 February 2019.
- Garima Satija (18 December 2018). "T-Pain Accused Of Plagiarising Aashiqui 2 Song Tum Hi Ho, Gets Trolled By 'Brown Twitter'". India Times. Retrieved 2 February 2019.
- T-Series. "Aashiqui 2 "Tum Hi Ho" Bollywood Dance Mix | Mithoon, Arijit Singh, Sanjoy". YouTube. Retrieved 5 October 2014.
- "'Aashiqui 2' is a switch from lust to love: Mahesh Bhatt". The Times of India. 18 April 2013. Retrieved 22 May 2013.
- Parande, Shweta (28 February 2014). "Mirchi Music Awards 2014 winners: Shahrukh Khan, Farhan Akhtar honoured; Aashiqui 2 wins 7 trophies". India.com. Retrieved 24 April 2018.