MTV (India)(Redirected from MTV India)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
MTV India is an Indian pay television channel specialising in music, reality, and youth culture programming. It was launched in 1996 and is owned by Viacom 18, a joint venture operation between Viacom Inc. and TV18. Most of the programming on the channel is produced in Hindi. MTV India has its headquarters in Vile Parle in Mumbai.
|Launched||28 October 1996|
|Owned by||Viacom 18|
|Picture format||1080i HDTV|
(downscaled to letterboxed 576i for SDTVs)
|Broadcast area||South Asia|
|Sister channel(s)||VH1 India|
Comedy Central India
|Airtel digital TV||Channel 380|
|Big TV||Channel 703|
|Dialog TV |
|Dish Network |
|Dish TV||Channel 455|
|Tata Sky||Channel 807|
|Optus D2 |
(Australia and New Zealand)
|12519 V 22500 3/4 (Irdeto Encryption)|
|Videocon d2h||Channel 521|
|First Media |
|In Digital||Channel 251|
|Asianet Digital TV||Channel 544 (SD)|
Channel 843 (HD)
|Singtel TV |
|now TV |
|Channel 318 (HD)|
MTV Fully Faltoo FilmsEdit
A series of spoof films under the banner of MTV Fully Faltoo Films were produced by MTV. The first film Ghoom, a spoof of 2004 film Dhoom was released theatrically on 2 June 2006. Three more spoof films "Jadoo Ek Bar" (Jodhaa Akbar), "Bechaare Zameen Par" (Taare Zameen Par) and "Cheque De India" (Chak De! India) aired on MTV under "Fully Faltoo Film Festival" from 20 September 2008 to 4 October 2008.
- Mahajan, Vijay; Banga, Kamini (2005-09-14). The 86 Percent Solution: How to Succeed in the Biggest Market Opportunity of the Next 50 Years. Pearson Education. ISBN 9780132782159.
- "MTV Channel Office Contact Address, Phone Number, Email, Website | Customer Care Phone Number". www.customercarephonenumber.in. Retrieved 2018-01-10.
- "Pepsi & Viacom18 To Launch 'Pepsi MTV Indies', A 24-Hour Channel For Indie Music & Culture". February 6, 2014. Retrieved December 21, 2017.
- "Viacom18 to launch Hindi music channel MTV Beats; MTV Indies content to be on digital platforms". September 8, 2016. Retrieved December 21, 2017.
- "Now, MTV forays into 'fully faltoo' films". May 22, 2006. Retrieved February 6, 2019.
- "MTV India forays into films; spoofs 'Dhoom'". 18 May 2006. Retrieved 6 February 2019.
- "MTV announces 'Fully Faltoo Film Festival'". September 10, 2008. Retrieved February 6, 2019.