MTV (Indian TV channel)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
MTV India is an Indian pay television channel specialising in music, reality, and youth culture programming. It was launched in 1996 as the Indian version of MTV and is owned by Viacom 18, a joint venture operation between MTV International owner ViacomCBS and Reliance Industries' TV18. Most of the programming on the channel is produced in Hindi. MTV India has its headquarters in Vile Parle in Mumbai.
|Launched||28 October 1996|
|Owned by||Viacom 18|
|Picture format||1080i HDTV|
(downscaled to letterboxed 576i for SDTVs)
|Broadcast area||South Asia|
|Sister channel(s)||VH1 India|
Comedy Central India
|Airtel digital TV||Channel 480 (SD)|
|Independent TV||Channel 703|
|Dish Network |
|Dish TV||Channel 455|
|Tata Sky||Channel 807|
|Optus D2 |
(Australia and New Zealand)
|12519 V 22500 3/4 (Irdeto Encryption)|
|First Media |
|In Digital||Channel 251|
|Asianet Digital TV||Channel 544 (SD)|
Channel 843 (HD)
|Singtel TV |
|now TV |
|Channel 318 (HD)|
|Unifi TV (Malaysia)||Channel 350|
- Anusha Dandekar
- Benafsha Soonwalla
- Baseer Ali
- Divya Agarwal
- Gaelyn Mendonca
- Nikhil Chinapa
- Rannvijay Singh
- Varun Sood
MTV Fully Faltoo FilmsEdit
A series of spoof films under the banner of MTV Fully Faltoo Films were produced by MTV. The first film Ghoom, a spoof of 2004 film Dhoom was released theatrically on 2 June 2006. Three more spoof films "Jadoo Ek Bar" (Jodhaa Akbar), "Bechaare Zameen Par" (Taare Zameen Par) and "Cheque De India" (Chak De! India) aired on MTV under "Fully Faltoo Film Festival" from 20 September 2008 to 4 October 2008.
- Mahajan, Vijay; Banga, Kamini (14 September 2005). The 86 Percent Solution: How to Succeed in the Biggest Market Opportunity of the Next 50 Years. Pearson Education. ISBN 9780132782159.
- "MTV Channel Office Contact Address, Phone Number, Email, Website | Customer Care Phone Number". www.customercarephonenumber.in. Retrieved 10 January 2018.
- "Pepsi & Viacom18 To Launch 'Pepsi MTV Indies', A 24-Hour Channel For Indie Music & Culture". 6 February 2014. Retrieved 21 December 2017.
- "Viacom18 to launch Hindi music channel MTV Beats; MTV Indies content to be on digital platforms". 8 September 2016. Retrieved 21 December 2017.
- Nathan, Leona (1 October 2017). "Benafsha Soonawalla Bigg Boss 11: This MTV VJ To Raise Temperatures On Salman Khan's Show". India.com.
- "Nikhil Chinnappa - Times of India". The Times of India.
- "Amrita Arora Just Took Us Back To The 90s With This Pic". NDTV.com.
- "MTV India - VJs, Music, Videos, Blogs, Games, Wallpapers, Interviews, Performances, Shows, Fun and more - VJ - VJ Deepti - Profile". web.archive.org. 4 September 2011.
- "Tribuneindia... Film and tv". www.tribuneindia.com.
- "Former MTV VJ Nafisa Joseph dead". Indian Television Dot Com. 30 July 2004.
- "MTV India - VJs, Music, Videos, Blogs, Games, Wallpapers, Interviews, Performances, Shows, Fun and more - VJ - VJ Soniya - Profile". web.archive.org. 4 September 2011.
- "MTV India - VJs, Music, Videos, Blogs, Games, Wallpapers, Interviews, Performances, Shows, Fun and more - VJ - VJ Sunanda - Profile". web.archive.org. 3 September 2011.
- "Now, MTV forays into 'fully faltoo' films". 22 May 2006. Retrieved 6 February 2019.
- "MTV India forays into films; spoofs 'Dhoom'". 18 May 2006. Retrieved 6 February 2019.
- "MTV announces 'Fully Faltoo Film Festival'". 10 September 2008. Retrieved 6 February 2019.