Trenord is a railway company which is responsible for the operation of regional passenger trains in Lombardy. The company was established by the two main railway companies in Lombardy, Trenitalia and Ferrovie Nord Milano (FNM), to manage train operations in the region. The equity is equally divided between the two companies.
|Società a responsabilità limitata|
|Vincenzo Soprano (President)|
Luigi Legnani (CEO)
Number of employees
The first step of the new company was the opening of a new maintenance and cleaning center for trains in Lombardy, the biggest in Italy.
Trenitalia and LeNord rented their Lombardy regional trains divisions to the company on 30 October 2009 for 11 months. After this trial period the rent was extended to the end of 2010. After this date, the rent was again extended twice to 31 March  and finally to 1 May 2011, when the company was renamed Trenord.
Trenord inherited Trenitalia and LeNord operations in Lombardy. It therefore operates 42 regional lines, 12 suburban lines, the Malpensa Express and co-operates the EuroCity in Italy in cooperation with Deutsche Bahn and Österreichische Bundesbahnen. There are 2200 rides per day, serving 650.000 people on the 1,920 km (1,190 mi) long regional network. The infrastructure is owned by RFI and Ferrovienord.
Milan Suburban railway linesEdit
|List of Trenord regional lines|
As of May 2011, the Trenord rolling stock comprises:
- Electric locomotives:
- Diesel locomotives:
- Multiple units
- Rail carriages:
- Double deck carriages;
- Media Distanza con Vestiboli Centrali (MDVC);
- Media Distanza con Vestiboli d'Estremità (MDVE);
As of early 2014, Trenord has started to replace some of the older rolling stocks (such as the Class ALn 668 railcar) with the newer Class ATR 220. These newer trains include features such as through carriages, digital information display, air conditioning and electronic door controls.
- FNM SpA. Bilancio consolidato 2010. p. IV
- FNM SpA. Bilancio consolidato 2010. p. 17
- FNM SpA. Bilancio consolidato 2010. p. V
- "Ferrovie: Milano Fiorenza, il più grande centro di manutenzione e pulizia d'Italia, sarà dedicato ai treni dei pendolari lombardi" (PDF). Trenitalia LeNord. Retrieved 4 December 2010.
- Paola D'Amico. "Pendolari, orari e ritardi arrivano via sms". corriere.it. Retrieved 6 December 2010.
- "Comunicazione n. 5718 del 18 ottobre 2010 alle organizzazioni sindacali" (PDF). Trenitalia LeNord - Direzione Personale. Retrieved 6 December 2010.
- "Lombardia: slitta al 31 marzo la fusione fra Trenitalia e Le Nord. Lo impone una normativa Consob". ferpress.it. 30 December 2010.
- "Le Nord sempre più popolari. I pendolari le promuovono". ilgiorno.it. 24 March 2011.
- "TLN cambia pelle... TRENORD al via". uiltrasporti.it. 12 March 2011. Archived from the original on 25 April 2012.
- The train which connects Milan city center to Malpensa Airport
- "Nasce Trenord: ora una società unica gestirà il sistema ferroviario lombardo". Corriere della Sera. 29 April 2011.
- "Lombardia: dall'alleanza Trenitalia – Gruppo FNM, nasce TRENORD". fsnews.it. 29 April 2011.
- "TRENORD - Le linee R".
- "TRENORD - La flotta". Retrieved 4 May 2011.
- "TRENORD - Le carrozze". Retrieved 4 May 2011.
- Media related to Trenord at Wikimedia Commons