This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2006) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Tirurangadi is a municipal and census town in Malapuram district of Kerala, India. It is a historic town famed for its active participation in the freedom struggle, especially those dating back to the 1920s.[clarification needed] It serves as a local taluk and is located 25 km west of Malappuram, the district headquarters, 30 km south of Calicut and 140 km north of Ernakulam.
|Elevation||10 m (30 ft)|
|• Official||Malayalam, English|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
Total population: 56,700 Hindu: 14.39% Muslim: 85.24% Christian: 0.23% Sikh: 0.00% Buddhist: 0.00% Jain: 0.00% Others: 0.00% Not Stated: 0.14%
This town is well connected with all parts of Kerala and National Highway 66 (India) (Old number NH17) passes through this town. There are two main bus stations situated in the town, one in Chemmad, and another one in Kakkad. The former is for buses plying the nearby areas while the latter is used for long distance buses only.
The famous house of Ayurveda Kottakkal Aryavaidyasala is just 10 km away from Tirurangadi.
Tirurangadi, a well-versed place in the history of Freedom Fight is now known as a small educational hub in Malappuram district. The PSMO College is in the centre of the town surrounded by several other institutions. Headquarters of University of Calicut is just 13 km away.
Colleges and schoolsEdit
- Tirurangadi Government Higher Secondary School and Oriental Higher Secondary School are the two important schools serving the primary educational needs of the area and nearby areas.
- "Thirurangadi yatheem khana" is a well noted institution among its kind having numerous institutions under its hood, including PSMO College, KMMMO Arabic College, SSMO Teachers Training Institute, Oriental Higher Secondary School, MKH Memorial Hospital, MKH Nursing College.
- Pocker Sahib Memorial Orphanage College (PSMO College), Tirurangadi
- KMMO Arabic College, Tirurangadi
- Govt. Poly Technic, Chelari, Tirurangadi
- SSMO Teachers Training Institute, Tirurangadi
- Govt. Higher Secondary School, Tirurangadi
- Oriental Higher Secondary School, Tirurangadi
- Govt. High School, Trikkulam, Tirurangadi
- Khuthubuzzaman English Medium Higher Secondary School, Chemmad, Tirurangadi
- MKH School of Nursing, Tirurangadi
- Gems Public School (affiliated with CBSE, Delhi), Kooriyad, PO Tirurangadi
- Kerala Residential Higher Secondary School, Karumbil, Tirurangadi
- National English Medium Higher Secondary School, Chemmad, Tirurangadi
- Malabar Central School, Valiya Paramabu, Tirurangadi
- Noorul Huda English School, Rasheed Nagar,Tirurangadi
- Govt.Taluk Headquarters Hospital Thirurangadi
- MK Haji Orphanage Hospital
- Chemmad Nursing Home
- Pathoor Nursing Home
- Karuna Cancer Hospital and Research Center
- Government Veterinary Dispensary Tirurangadi
Places of interestEdit
- Tirurangadi Big Mosque: The Tirurangadi Big Mosque is a famous mosque located in Tirurangadi in the Malappuram District of Kerala, south India. Historically related to the Mappila Lahala of 1921 against the British Government.
- "Maps, Weather, and Airports for Tirurangadi, India". www.fallingrain.com.
- - Tirurangadi Archived 2011-08-01 at the Wayback Machine
- "Tirurangadi City Population Census 2011 - Kerala". www.census2011.co.in.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tirurangadi.|