Tinsel (TV series)
Tinsel is a Nigerian soap opera that began airing in August 2008. On May 23, 2013, the show's 1000th episode aired. It has been called "the most successful television drama on Nigerian television in recent times".
|Created by||Yinka Ogun|
|Written by||Yinka Ogun |
|Directed by||Tope Oshin Ogun (2008 - 2013) |
Alex Mouth (2008 - 2010; 2012 - 2014)
Efe Aiyeteni (2008 - 2009 )
John Njamah (2008 - 2009 )
Victor Aghahowa (2010 - 2014 )
Ben Chiadika (2012 - )
George Sunom Kura (2012 - )
Tolu Ajayi (2009 - 2010)
|Starring||Victor Olaotan |
Abiola Segun Williams
Samuel Abiola Robinson
|Country of origin||Nigeria|
|No. of seasons||11|
|No. of episodes||TBD|
|Executive producer(s)||Jaiye Ojo|
|Producer(s)||Rogers Ofime |
Femi Odugbemi 
|Production location(s)||Lagos, Lagos State, Nigeria|
|Running time||25 minutes|
|Original release||1 September 2008 –|
Tinsel's plot revolves around two rival film companies: Reel Studios, founded by Fred Ade-Williams (Victor Olaotan), and Odyssey Pictures, headed by Brenda "Nana" Mensah (Funmilola Aofiyebi-Raimi). The show returned for its eighth season on the 25th of May, 2015.
- Victor Olaotan as Fred Ade-Williams
- Funlola Aofiyebi-Raimi as Brenda Nana Mensah
- Gbenro Ajibade as Soji Bankole
- Chris Attoh as Kwame Mensah
- Ireti Doyle as Sheila Ade-Williams
- Udoka Oyeka as Tsav Gardia
- Linda Ejiofor as Bimpe
- Osas Ighodaro as Adanna (Danni)
- Kalu Ikeagwu as Masters
- Anne Njemanze as Sankey
- Gideon Okeke as Phillip Ade-Williams
- Ashionye Michelle Raccah as Monica Ade-Williams
- Funmi Holder as Amaka Okoh
- Lizz Njagah as Tare Duke
- Damilola Adegbite as Telema Duke
- Ifeanyi Dike Jr. as Titan
- Lilian Amah as Kaneng
- Bimbo Manuel as Dan Ade-Williams
- Efe Mayford as Jean Baptiste
- Matilda Obaseki as Angela
- Theresa Edem as Angela [stand-in]
- Tomi Odunsi as Salewa
- Yewande Lawal as Shoshanna
- Dozie Onyiriuka as Freddy
- Abiola Segun-Williams as Titi
- Florence Uwaleke as Ene
- Ike Okechukwu as Chuks Obi
- Alex Okoroji as Susan
- Yul Edochie as Fabian Udo Biang
- Samuel Robinson as Gogo
- Nini Mbonu as Vicky
- Oghenekaro Itene as Wedding Planner
- Timi Richards as Gerald
- Khing Bassey as Charles Enahoro
- Ibrahim Suleiman as Damini
- Jumoke Bello as Peju
- Ifeanyi William as Obiora
- Charles Ujomu as Frank
- Omar Shariff Captan as Reginald Okoh
Tinsel was in pre-production for over ninety months. Over 500 actors were auditioned for the lead role of Fred Ade-Williams before the decision to cast Victor Olaotan was made. As of June 2013, the show's production cost per minute is 900 dollars, and total costs have exceeded four billion naira. The show was shot in a studio in Ojota, Lagos until March 2013 when a fire destroyed that location. Since then the show has been shot at a studio and a private residence in Ikeja, Lagos.
- "Tinsel: The journey so far". Vanguard. 17 September 2011. Retrieved 30 September 2013.
- Alonge, Osagie (June 3, 2013). "NET SPECIAL REPORT: Tinsel gulps N4bn in four years". Nigerian Entertainment Today. Retrieved September 30, 2013.
- Bada, Gbenga (July 2017). "Rogers Ofime: NANTAP honours Tinsel producer". PulseNG. Retrieved 5 April 2017.
- Balogun, Hazeez (May 2013). "Tinsel, a return to the golden age of TV drama". Daily Independent. Archived from the original on 11 October 2013. Retrieved 30 September 2013.
- Arogundade, Funsho (24 May 2013). "M-Net's Tinsel Hits Episode 1,000". P.M. News. Retrieved 30 September 2013.
- "Tinsel is Nigeria's best TV production —Victor Olaotan". Nigerian Tribune. 10 August 2013. Retrieved 1 October 2013.