Matilda was born on 19 March 1986 in Benin City, Oredo Local Government Area, Edo State where she grew up. She is the last child of seven children. She is an actress, philanthropist and an entrepreneur.
Matilda Obaseki is a happily married mother of two. She married Arnold Mozia in Benin City on 21 September 2013 after having her first child a year before on 31 August 2012. She welcomed her second baby boy on 1 January 2015.
Matilda is the last child of her parents' seven children.She grew up in Benin city where she had her Primary and Secondary School Education. She quit studying English at the University of Benin due to her acting career demands. TV series, Tinsel, was a long term commitment and she could not combine her studies in Benin with acting in Lagos.
Started her acting career in 2007, but is mostly known for her performance in the soap opera,Tinsel, where she plays the character of Angela Dede. Before Tinsel, she played the role of the maid in the TV programme US, which she featured in only three episodes before leaving for Tinsel. Her first movie was the 2014 Steve Gukas film, A Place in the Stars, where she worked alongside Gideon Okeke and Segun Arinze.
- "I am living up my dream Tinsel cast — Matilda Obaseki". Encomium.com. Lagos: Encomiums Ventures Ltd. 27 December 2015. Archived from the original on 24 April 2016. Retrieved 7 May 2016.
This story was first published in ENCOMIUM Weekly on 22 October 2013.
- "Why I keep away from men Tinsel star, Matilda Obaseki". Modern Ghana. Retrieved 19 March 2016.
- "Matilda Obaseki Biography". Manpower Nigeria.
- "Photos - Tinsel Actress Matilda Obaseki White & Traditional Wedding - MJ Celebrity Magazine". MJ Celebrity Magazine. Retrieved 19 March 2016.
- Ayomide O. Tayo (2 October 2015). "Matilda Obaseki: Actress shares loving picture of her family on Independence Day". pulse.ng. Retrieved 19 March 2016.
- "Matilda Obaseki Welcomes 2nd Baby Boy - Nigerian Entertainment Today - Nigeria's Number 1 Entertainment Daily". thenet.ng. Retrieved 19 March 2016.
- "'I Have No Regret Going Into Acting'". The Guardian.
- "Matilda Obaseki Biography – Age, Wedding". MyBioHub.
- "8 Things You Probably Didn't Know about Matilda Obaseki". ConnectNigeria. 11 August 2016.
|This Nigerian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|