Tina Mba is a Nigerian actress, who was nominated for Africa Movie Academy Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role in the 7th Africa Movie Academy Awards.
In 2017, she starred in Isoken, Bariga Suger, Okafor's Law amongst other films, and was described as "actress of the year" by Pulse. At the 2017 Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards, she was nominated for category, best actress in a comedy. In an interview with The Punch, she disclosed that the secret to her stellar interpretation of roles was from living the character and imagining herself in it. She also stated that she would have preferred theatre to feature films, if she was paid equally for both. In 2016, she acted in Ufuoma, a romantic drama, directed by Ikechukwu Onyeka. In October 2017, she starred in Omoye, which is an advocacy film against sexual violence. In 2017, she acted in the romantic comedy, Isoken alongside, Funke Akindele and Dakore Akande. She plays a mother, putting pressure on her daughter to get married and not be solely focused on her career. In the same year, YNaija recounts her previous roles in Tango with Me, Okafor's Law, Isoken, etc. while stating that her stellar performances are often not appreciated enough in the industry. It opined that the "Naija" body language she brings to her character gives more realistic expression to her roles.
- "CELEBRITY BIRTHDAY – TINA MBA". Yup Magazine. 2 October 2015. Retrieved 11 November 2017.
- "Tina Mba is unarguably the best Nollywood actress of 2017, so far". Pulse. 12 July 2017. Retrieved 11 November 2017.
- "I don't engage in Nollywood politics -Tina Mba". The Punch. 20 November 2016. Retrieved 11 November 2017.
- Izuzu (30 August 2016). "Mike Ezuruonye, Peggy Ovire, Tina Mba star in new movie". Pulse. Retrieved 30 November 2017.
- "Tina Mba, Stan Nze, others return in 'Omoye'". Vanguard. 21 October 2017. Retrieved 11 November 2017.
- "Funke Akindele, Dakore Akande, Tina Mba, Joseph Benjamin star in new movie". Pulse. 18 August 2016. Retrieved 30 November 2017.
- admin (6 July 2017). "THE FILM BLOG: WE DON'T LIKE THE FACT THAT TINA MBA DOESN'T GET THE CREDIT SHE DESERVES". YNaija. Retrieved 30 November 2017.
- "I've been battered & broken------Tina Mba". Modern Ghana. 14 July 2009. Retrieved 12 November 2017.
- Orenuga, Adenike (23 October 2014). "Marriage is a burden, don't go there" – Actress, Tina Mba". Dailypost Newspaper. Retrieved 11 November 2017.