The company has designed, made or restored many well known trophies and medals, such as the football’s FA Cup, golf’s Ryder Cup and rugby’s RBS 6 Nations and Webb Ellis Rugby World Cup and the Louis Vuitton America's Cup Challenger Playoff Trophy.
Royal Warrant HoldersEdit
In January 2015; Elizabeth II appointed a Royal Warrant to Thomas Lyte as Goldsmiths and Silversmiths. Granted for a five year period to the firm and founder Kevin Baker Esquire as a grantee, the appointment recognises that Thomas Lyte has been a direct supplier and restorer of silverware to the Royal Household since 2010.
History and heritageEdit
Thomas Lyte was founded by Kevin Baker in 2007.
Its products are designed and created in the company’s London-based leather atelier and silversmith workshop. Thomas Lyte is named after the Lyte Jewel, which was made by miniaturist Nicholas Hilliard.
The Football Association Charity ShieldEdit
In 2016, Thomas Lyte restored and rebuilt the Football Association's original 1908 Charity Shield, the replacement of which is known as the FA Community Shield, to mark 50 years since England Captain Bobby Moore and his teammates beat West Germany in the 1966 FIFA World Cup.
The trophy raised £40,000 at auction on 10 October 2016, in aid of the Bobby Moore Fund for Cancer Research UK, which was set up by the footballer's widow Stephanie Moore to fund research into bowel cancer, after her husband lost his battle with the disease in 1993. The auction was held at The Royal Garden Hotel in Kensington, where the England team celebrated the 1966 victory. The Bobby Moore Fund became the FA's new charity partner in July 2016.
List of trophies & AwardsEdit
- Killik Cup
- The European Rugby Challenge Cup
- The European Rugby Champions Cup
- The FA Cup trophy
- Women's Rugby World Cup
- International Champions Cup
- World Speedway Grand Prix
- Barclays ATP World Tour Doubles trophy
- The OFC Women's Nations Cup
- The FA Women's Cup
- Davis Cup
- Fed Cup
- The Emperor's Cup for the All-Japan Soccer Championship Tournament
- Rugby World Cup - Webb Ellis Trophy
- PIPA Snow Polo World Cup Tour 2014 trophy
- Auld Alliance Trophy
- Anglo-Welsh Cup trophy
- North American Soccer League 2013 Spring Championship trophy
- The Ryder Cup
- Summoner's Cup for League of Legends World Championship
- The Melrose Cup
- EDF Energy Trophy
- Powergen Anglo-Welsh Cup
- AFC Asian Cup trophy
- FIBA Basketball World Cup trophy (Naismith Trophy)
- Maltese FA Trophy
- OFC Nations Cup Trophy
- BBC Radio 4: Friday Boss - business presenter Simon Jack interviews Kevin Baker, chief executive, Thomas Lyte
- BBC News Jorn Madslien - In pictures: Thomas Lyte sporting trophy workshop
- Daily Mail: Wayne Rooney presented with golden boot by Sir Bobby Charlton
- The Mirror: Wayne Rooney presented with golden boot to mark all-time England goalscoring record
- Golden boot for England's top goalscorer Wayne Rooney
- BBC News Bill Wilson: FA Cup reborn for 2014 final as new trophy is cast
- Mail Online: REVEALED: Arsenal and Hull will be playing for a BRAND NEW FA Cup... only the third trophy in more than 100 years of magic
- The Mirror: Watch behind-the-scenes footage as brand new FA Cup trophy is made ahead of Saturday's final
- RBS 6 Nations unveil new trophy
- British Museum: The Lyte Jewell
- Evening Standard: FA Charity Shield to be auctioned off to raise money for the Bobby Moore Fund
- The FA's new official charity partner is Bobby Moore Fund