The Tigers (film)
The Tigers is a 1991 Hong Kong action crime thriller film directed by Eric Tsang, and starring Andy Lau, Tony Leung, Felix Wong, Michael Miu and Kent Tong, who were the Five Tiger Generals of TVB in the 1980s. It is a film adaptation of the 1984 TVB serial, Rise and Fall of a Stand-In which featured the film's stars Miu and Tong.
|Mandarin||Wǔ Hǔ Jiàng Zhī Jué Liè|
|Cantonese||Ng5 Fu2 Zeong3 Zi1 Kyut3 Lit6|
|Directed by||Eric Tsang|
|Produced by||Wallace Cheung|
|Written by||Nam Yin|
|Music by||Tats Lau|
|Edited by||Kam Ma|
|Distributed by||Newport Entertainment|
The Tigers tells the stories of a team of five Hong Kong detectives. While busting a drug deal the brother-in-law of one of the detectives is found to be implicated and gives them a large amount of cash in exchange for their silence. But with the money comes hassle, as the organised crime syndicate want more and more in exchange for their money, leading to an action packed tale of police corruption.
- Andy Lau as Thief/Lau Chi-ming, a smart but impulsive and crafty CID and one of the Five Tigers who stole the money. He shoots himself in the head in the end after he kills Fong.
- Tony Leung as Scalp, a smart but impulsive CID one of the Five Tigers. He stole the money in order to support his younger brother who is studying overseas. He is eventually shot to death by Fong.
- Felix Wong as Ben, a righteous CID. He is the only one who did not steal the money, and is the sole survivor among the five tigers.
- Michael Miu as Wah, also a righteous CID and breadwinner of his family. He stole money in order to support his wife and son. He falls to his death
in the hotel while confronting Fong.
- Kent Tong as Fong Heung-tung, the main antagonist. He is the brother-in-law of Tin, the leader of the Tigers, and one of those who stole the money.
He commits suicide by hanging himself in the jail cell.
- Bryan Leung as Uncle Tin (a.k.a. Lam Hoi-tin), the leader of the Tigers
- Irene Wan as Shirley, Tin's daughter and Ben's girlfriend
- Shing Fui-On as Shing Sha-pei, triad member
- Philip Chan as Cho Siu-ping, inspector of the Tigers.
- Yammie Lam as Wah's wife
- Lo Lieh as Chiuchow Ping
- Chen Kuan-tai as Hon-wai
- Eric Tsang as SDU member (cameo)