The Lovers! (1973 film)
The Lovers! is a 1973 British comedy film based on the Granada Television sitcom The Lovers. It follows the courtship of two young people from Manchester, England, Geoffrey Scrimshaw (Richard Beckinsale) and Beryl Battersby (Paula Wilcox).
|Directed by||Herbert Wise|
|Produced by||Maurice Foster|
|Written by||Jack Rosenthal|
|Based on||The Lovers|
by Jack Rosenthal
|Music by||Carl Davis|
|Edited by||Bernard Gribble|
|Distributed by||British Lion Film Corporation|
The movie was filmed in 1972 and featured views of various locations in Manchester of the time, including George Best's "Edwardia" boutique and Manchester United's Old Trafford football stadium. The scenes inside the railway station where Geoffrey and Beryl meet were filmed at Windsor & Eton Central railway station. The film premiered at the Odeon Cinema, Manchester on 14 May 1973.
In 2013, Network released a Region 2 DVD of the film, later in a 4-DVD package "British Film Comedy — The 70s" with Sunstruck starring Harry Secombe, The House in Nightmare Park and The Best of Benny Hill.
- McGarry, Peter (16 July 1973). "Hello Young Lovers - Nice To See You Again". Coventry Evening Telegraph.
- "The Lovers!". ReelStreets.com. Retrieved 30 November 2020.
- Burton, Nick (4 August 2018). "The Night Tommy Docherty Sipped Cocktails with Doris Speed". nettingthesurf.com. Retrieved 5 June 2020.
- "Tony Christie - Love And Rainy Weather" – via www.45cat.com.
- "The Lovers!". NetworkOnAir. Retrieved 4 June 2020.