Bernard J. Gribble
15 May 1927
Newhaven, East Sussex, England, UK
|Died||15 September 2004 (aged 77)|
Los Angeles, California, USA
|Years active||1945 – 2003|
Gribble was nominated for ACE Eddie Awards for the editing of two episodes of the television miniseries Ellis Island (1984), and he had been nominated for an Emmy for the television miniseries The Winds of War (1983).
Selected filmography (features)Edit
- Another Shore (1948) - Gribble's first credit as editor.
- The Man in the White Suit (1951)
- Clue of the Twisted Candle (1960)
- Marriage of Convenience (1960)
- Man at the Carlton Tower (1961)
- The Jokers (1967)
- The Games (1970)
- Death Wish (1974)
- Can Heironymus Merkin Ever Forget Mercy Humppe and Find True Happiness? (1969)
- Top Secret! (1984)
- Blind Obsession (2001) - Gribble's last feature film credit.
- Bernard Gribble at IMDb
- "Bernard Gribble". British Film Institute.
- "Bernard J .Gribble". Los Angeles Times. 5 December 2004. Death notice.
- "American Cinema Editors > Members", webpage archived by WebCite from this original URL on 2008-03-04.
- Perkins, Roy; Stollery, Martin (2004). "Bernard Gribble (1927-2004)". British Film Editors: The Heart of the Movie. BFI Publishing. ISBN 9781844570072.
- Semilian, Julian (26 March 2011). "A Tribute to Bernard Gribble, Editor". Larry Jordan.