The Chevrolet Tele-Theatre
This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2021)
The Chevrolet Tele-Theatre is an American anthology series that aired live on NBC Mondays at 8 pm EST from September 27, 1948 to June 26, 1950. The program presented both news headlines and live dramatic performances of either original plays or works adapted for television from the stage. Sometimes the show was referred to as Chevrolet on Broadway or The Broadway Playhouse; particularly when the program was presenting an adapted stage work from New York City's theatre scene.
|The Chevrolet Tele-Theatre|
|Also known as||Chevrolet on Broadway|
The Broadway Playhouse
|Written by||Tad Mosel|
|Directed by||Barry Bernard|
Gordon Duff (director)
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||82|
|Running time||25 minutes|
|Original release||September 27, 1948 –|
June 26, 1950
Vic McLeod produced the program.
One episode from October 1949 is stored at the Library of Congress, along with three other episodes from that year, plus an episode from 1950. There are five kinescope recordings of 1948 programs also archived at Library of Congress, and an interview with one of the people involved in the production appears on the Archives of American Television Web Site. However, these aging 69+ year old kinescope film prints have yet to be transferred to modern media to ensure the survival of the episodes.
Other actors who appeared in the series included:
- Earle Marsh, Tim Brooks (1979). "The Complete Directory to Prime Time Network TV Shows, 1946-present". Ballantine Books. p. 145. ISBN 0-345-45542-8.
- McNeil, Alex (1996). Total Television (4th ed.). New York, New York: Penguin Books USA, Inc. p. 822. ISBN 0-14-02-4916-8.
- "Television Highlights of the Week". The Boston Globe. May 28, 1590. p. 30-A. Retrieved May 5, 2021 – via Newspapers.com.
- "Television Highlights of the Week". The Boston Globe. June 4, 1950. p. 6 - A. Retrieved May 6, 2021 – via Newspapers.com.
- "Television Highlights of the Week". The Boston Globe. June 25, 1950. p. 4-A. Retrieved May 13, 2021 – via Newspapers.com.
- Gaughan, Gavin (December 17, 2002). "Jonathan Harris". The Guardian. England, London. p. 16. Retrieved April 23, 2021 – via Newspapers.com.