The Cher Show (musical)
The Cher Show is a jukebox musical with a book by Rick Elice that tells the story of the early life and career of Cher. The musical had its world premiere at the Oriental Theatre, Chicago, in June 2018 and is expected to open on Broadway in December 2018.
|The Cher Show|
|Basis||The Life and Songs of Cher|
|Premiere||June 12, 2018Oriental Theatre, Chicago, Illinois:|
The Cher Show made its world premiere at the Oriental Theatre in Chicago, Illinois on June 12, 2018, officially on June 28 and was scheduled to run until July 15. The final performance experienced technical difficulties and forced the show to close one day early, on July 14, 2018.  Following its Chicago run, the musical is expected to open on Broadway on November 1, 2018 in previews, officially on December 3, 2018 at the Neil Simon Theatre.
The musical’s book is by Rick Elice, direction by Jason Moore, choreography by Christopher Gattelli, and orchestrations, arrangements and musical supervision by Daryl Waters. Cher’s longtime costumer Bob Mackie is the costume designer, with set designers Christine Jones and Brett J. Banakis, lighting designer Kevin Adams, and sound designer Nevin Steinberg.
The musical shows three stages of Cher's life and uses three actresses to portray her: “Babe,” “Lady,” and “Star.” Also portrayed are important people in her life, including Bob Mackie, Sonny Bono, and Cher’s parents.
|Character||Workshop (2017)||Chicago (2018)||Broadway (2018)|
|Star||Lesli Margherita||Stephanie J. Block|
|Lady||Lena Hall||Teal Wicks|
|Babe||Jillian Mueller||Micaela Diamond|
|Sonny Bono||Jarrod Spector|
|Bob Mackie/Robert Altman/Artie||Michael Berresse|
|Rob Camilletti/Lee||Michael Campayno|
|Gregg Allman/John Southall||Matthew Hydzik|
|Georgia Holt||Emily Skinner|
- Hetrick, Adam. " 'The Cher Show' Opens in Chicago Ahead of Fall Broadway Arrival" Playbill, June 28, 2018
- Hetrick, Adam. "What Happened When The Cher Show Was Forced to Cancel Final Chicago Performance" Playbill, July 16, 2018. Retrieved on October 30, 2018.
- McPhee, Ryan. "Micaela Diamond and Teal Wicks Join Stephanie J. Block as Title Role in 'The Cher Show', Full Cast Announced" Playbill, April 17, 2018
- McPhee, Ryan. "Bob Mackie Will Create Costumes for Broadway’s The Cher Show, Full Design Team Announced" Playbill, March 2018
- "Yes, We Believe in Life After Love! Lesli Margherita, Lena Hall & Jillian Mueller Led a Reading of t…". New York Broadway Tours. January 21, 2017. Retrieved 2018-04-17.
- Evans, Greg (April 17, 2018). "Broadway-Bound 'The Cher Show' Finds Its Chers; Complete Casting Announced". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved 2018-04-17.