The Body (2019 film)
The Body is a 2019 Indian Hindi-language mystery thriller film written and directed by Jeethu Joseph, produced by Viacom18 Motion Pictures and Sunir Kheterpal. The film starring Emraan Hashmi, Vedhika, Rishi Kapoor and Sobhita Dhulipala. It is the official remake of a 2012 Spanish film The Body, which was already remade unofficially as bilingual films in Kannada and Tamil languages as Game in Kannada and Oru Melliya Kodu in Tamil (2016 film).
|Directed by||Jeethu Joseph|
|Produced by||Viacom18 Motion Pictures|
|Story by||Oriol Paulo|
|Edited by||Ayoob Khan|
The dead body of a powerful businesswoman named Maya Verma, who died because of having a heart attack, disappeared from the morgue before the autopsy. SP Jairaj Rawal called in Maya's husband, Ajay Puri, for investigation. Ajay Puri who is the owner of a lab and worked under Maya's company seemed to have committed something wrong along with his girlfriend Ritu.
SP Jairaj suspects Ajay and makes him stay in the morgue until Maya's corpse is found. Strange incidents start to happen with Ajay. He feels Maya's presence around him and gradually gets clues including the bottle of cardiotoxin (TH-16) which he had used to induce a heart attack in Maya's body and also gets a phone in another corpse's bag having the calls only from Maya. All these events make him believe that Maya is still alive and is playing a game with him to take her revenge.
In a flashback, it is shown that Maya always used to dominate Ajay with her money and power. Ajay's possessiveness and his affair with Ritu made him kill Maya and made it look like a heart attack by using a cardiotoxin which takes about 8 hours to work. In the morgue, Ajay continuously keeps contact with Ritu and they find out that Maya knew about their relationship by hiring a private detective named Tony d'Costa. Ajay tells Ritu to run away to a safe place as he feels that Maya is after her. When Ajay fails to contact Ritu, he confesses everything to SP Jairaj out of fear and requests him to save Ritu from Maya. In the meantime, SP Jairaj gets a call from his team that they have found a female corpse which is revealed to be Maya's. When SP orders the police to arrest Ajay, he tries to run away but falls down due to chestpain.
Finally it is revealed that Ritu is none other than SP Jairaj's daughter Isha. Everything that has happened to Maya and Ajay since the last night was their plan. Yet again in a flashback, it is revealed that SP Jairaj's wife, Nancy, who died in a car accident was hit by a druken Maya and Ajay and instead of helping them, they return to the crime scene and hit the car again as Ajay had noticed that the little girl sitting on back seat has seen them. After 10 Years, when Isha recognizes Ajay and Maya in her University, she plans a revenge along with her father. Isha attracts Ajay towards her and starts an affair.
At the end, Jairaj discloses to Ajay that he is going to have a heart attack from cardiotoxin, which he had used to kill Maya, which Ritu (Isha) had mixed in his drink 8 hours ago.
- Emraan Hashmi as Ajay Puri
- Vedhika as Ritu/Isha
- Rishi Kapoor as SP Jairaj Rawal
- Sobhita Dhulipala as Maya Varma
- Rukhsar Rehman as Dr Tanya Mehra
- Anupam Bhattacharya as Pawan
- Tara Singh as Morgue's guard
- Chandan K Anand as Keith
- Nataša Stanković (Special appearance in song "Jhalak Dikhla Jaa Reloaded"
- Scarlet Mellish Wilson (Special appearance in song "Jhalak Dikhla Jaa Reloaded"
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||13 December 2019|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
The film features songs composed by Shamir Tandon, Arko and Tanishk Bagchi with lyrics written by Arko, Kumaar, Manoj Muntashir and Sameer Anjaan. Live strings produced, arranged and engineered by Randy Slaugh. The song "Jhalak Dikhlaa Jaa Reloaded" is the remake of Himesh Reshammiya's popular song from Emraan Hashmi's Aksar, recreated by Tanishk Bagchi.
|1.||"Aaina"||Arko||Arko||Arko, Tulsi Kumar||4:12|
|2.||"Main Janta Hoon"||Sameer||Shamir Tandon||Jubin Nautiyal||4:17|
|3.||"Jhalak Dikhlaja Reloaded"||Sameer||Tanishk Bagchi||Himesh Reshammiya||2:28|
|4.||"Khuda Haafiz"||Manoj Muntashir||Arko||Arijit Singh||4:46|
|5.||"Rom Rom"||Sameer||Shamir Tandon||Sunny Hindustani||3:40|
|6.||"Itna Pyaar Karo"||Kumaar||Shamir Tandon||Shreya Ghoshal||4:57|
|7.||"Rom Rom" (Version 2)||Sameer||Shamir Tandon||Altamash Faridi||3:40|
- "The Body". British Board of Film Classification.
- "The Body (2019)". Box Office Mojo. IMDb. Retrieved 20 December 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)[unreliable source?]
- "Emraan Hashmi announces his next, The Body, a suspense thriller with Rishi Kapoor, Sobhita Dhulipala, and Vedhika". Bollywood Hungama. 8 November 2019. Retrieved 15 November 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "'The Body' teaser: Emraan Hashmi teases fans with a glimpse of his upcoming horror-thriller". The Times of India. 13 November 2019. Retrieved 15 November 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Jeethu Joseph's 'The Body' gets a release date". New Indian Express. 9 November 2019. Retrieved 15 November 2019.
- "VEDHIKA'S BOLLYWOOD DEBUT LOCKS AN INTERESTING RELEASE DATE!". Behindwoods.com. 9 November 2019. Retrieved 15 November 2019.
- "Emraan Hashmi's The Body to Clash with Rani Mukerji's Mardaani 2 On December 13". News18. 8 November 2019. Retrieved 15 November 2019.
- "Rishi Kapoor: Bollywood's romantic hero dies at 67".
- "The Body – Original Motion Picture Soundtrack". Jio Saavn.