Tema Development Coroporation is a public entity tasked with the planning and development of the entire city of Tema, Ghana. In conjunction with the State Housing Corporation it "develops and provides affordable housing to the public". The corporation has been instrumental in developing the harbour area of Tema in particular, with modern housing.
The Corporation was set up in 1952 with the sole aim to develop and manage the township of Tema. In 1963, the Tema Development Corporation Act was passed. In recent years the corporation has had much investment from Korea, including plans, as of 2013, to build a new stadium, an idea which proved unpopular with squatters. The first chief executive officer of the Corporation was Theodore S. Clerk, the first Ghanaian architect and award-winning urban planner who served in the CEO position from 1963 after the enactment of the statute, until 1965.
- Report. Committee of Enquiry into Alleged Irregularities and Malpractices in the Affairs of the Tema Development Corporation, Ghana Pub. Corp. 1972.
- Husain, Ishrat; Faruqee, Rashid (1 January 1994). Adjustment in Africa: Lessons from Country Case Studies. World Bank Publications. p. 187. ISBN 978-0-8213-2787-6.
- Acquaah-Harrison, Richard (1 January 2004). Housing and Urban Development in Ghana: With Special Reference to Low-income Housing. UN-HABITAT. p. 27. ISBN 978-92-1-131701-5.
- "The Tema Development Corporation example". Archived from the original on 2016-03-04. Retrieved 2015-05-28.
- Justice, Ghana. Ministry of (1964). Memoranda on Acts of the Republic of Ghana. Ministry of Justice. p. 155.
- Obeng-Odoom, Franklin (18 July 2013). Governance for Pro-Poor Urban Development: Lessons from Ghana. Routledge. p. 166. ISBN 978-1-135-05193-8.
- Goold, David. "Dictionary of Scottish Architects - DSA Architect Biography Report (July 20, 2017, 2:46 am)". www.scottisharchitects.org.uk. Archived from the original on April 7, 2017. Retrieved 2017-07-20.