Talk:Streets of Rage 3
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Streets of Rage 3 article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|WikiProject Video games||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
one of the mini-bosses is a clown and a kangaroo side kick. If you defeat the clown before the kangaroo it will run off and you will not have to defeat it as well. After this point, if a player uses a continue then the kangaroo is availble to be used as a character.
Unfortunately I can't remember the name of the clown or the kangaroo, or which level they appear at, so I'm not adding this directly to the article.
Some mention should be given to the stars that could be earned during the game. Scoring a certain number of points without dying earned you a star, which upgraded some of the characters moves. One star generally made moves faster, but second and third stars added more powerful moves. Dying removes a star and resets the score counter, and so are very hard to earn and keep.
Does anyone else think its inappropriate to use the odd European box art with different characters than the US or Japanese box art showing the correct characters? Ciper 00:43, 21 June 2007 (UTC)
- The United States box art should be shown. I will personally change it if I can find it. The majority of video game articles on Wikipedia follow this. I see no reason to show the odd box art from another country. JOK3R 06:53, 23 July 2007 (UTC)
My friend gave me this Game Genie code which makes the game play creepy music, he says this is the beta music from Beyond Oasis, can anyone confirm this or not?
The creepy music does sound composed and not made up of random notes played by a bad code. The code is AAWA-AAH0 EmoHobo 16:03, 10 June 2007 (UTC)
I think some of the criticism of the game in this article is a bit harsh, particularly of the graphics and music. I might remove some of the unsourced statements. 220.127.116.11 18:53, 31 August 2007 (UTC)
Material copied from SOR OnlineEdit
Also, where are the stats for Shiva from? As far as I Know they're not in the game. DatRoot 22:44, 18 October 2007 (UTC)
- OK, I've removed the text from Zan's profile that had apparently been copied from that site. I also (hesitantly) removed "Named Dr Gilbert in the Japanese version" form this paragraph, because, he isn't really. Throughout the game he's called 'Zan' just as in SOR3. It's not until near the end of game that we find out that he is also the 'Dr Gilbert' that discovered the Rakushin. This information is currently in the 'Regional variations' section. -- DatRoot 13:48, 22 October 2007 (UTC)
Removal of MaterialEdit
I'm sorry but I've just removed a lot of non-encyclopedic material. I know I could have put loads of tags in the article instead, but I felt that with a not-very-active article like this, nothing would get done about it. If anyone disagrees then please revert and discuss it. There is some other text that is borderline that I've left for now.
The 'Tips and cheats' section that was recently added, along with some other text in the article, does not belong here, as per WP:VG Article guidelines. Such information can easily be found in the external links referenced, or could be added to Encyclopedia Gamia or StrategyWiki.
The 'Criticism' section is entirely unsourced opinion. It, along with the second half of the 'Overview' section, was added/modified by a single ip-editor in July   who obviously doesn't like the game. The claims of inferior graphics are simply false, as the Mean Machines claims the exact opposite.
- --DatRoot 11:17, 19 October 2007 (UTC)
Fair use rationale for Image:Sor3.jpgEdit
Image:Sor3.jpg is being used on this article. I notice the image page specifies that the image is being used under fair use but there is no explanation or rationale as to why its use in this Wikipedia article constitutes fair use. In addition to the boilerplate fair use template, you must also write out on the image description page a specific explanation or rationale for why using this image in each article is consistent with fair use.
Please go to the image description page and edit it to include a fair use rationale. Using one of the templates at Wikipedia:Fair use rationale guideline is an easy way to insure that your image is in compliance with Wikipedia policy, but remember that you must complete the template. Do not simply insert a blank template on an image page.
If there is other fair use media, consider checking that you have specified the fair use rationale on the other images used on this page. Note that any fair use images lacking such an explanation can be deleted one week after being tagged, as described on criteria for speedy deletion. If you have any questions please ask them at the Media copyright questions page. Thank you.
Where are the citations?Edit
Why is the entire article unsourced? This is all garbage. You can't source any of the claims in the article, you don't put it in Wikipedia. This whole article needs to be sourced, or deleted. 18.104.22.168 (talk) 21:29, 8 February 2008 (UTC)
I removed the trivia section and cleaned up a lot of the language in the article. In other words, I changed a lot of words around so the article reads in a more professional manner without knocking off the neutrality. Now we need more references. If anyone has any good references, please don't hesitate to add them. --Radicalfaith360 4/17/2008 11:53 PM <
- Good work, although I have noticed a few things:-
- Box art - has been changed from European version. Now let's not ruin the good work here by being needlessly derogatory. If we are going down this road then surely the Japanese box art should be included instead.
- Lead-in - could be expanded.
- Storyline - Lifted from the manual (don't know if this allowed under Wikipedia guidelines) and the section reads like a character section.
- Characters - a little too fancruft. Maybe trim down a bit and include re-written details from the Storyline.
- Gameplay - weapons section seems a bit too fancruft.
- Secret characters - merge with Characters?
- Levels - merge with Storyline?
- Enemy sections - merge with Characters?
- Endings - merge with Storyline?
- References - Some inline citations would help clarify what has been citated.
- Missing sections - Development and Reception. I know development history may be hard to find for the game, but reception could be done by using magazine responses etc.
- -- Nreive (talk) 08:28, 22 April 2008 (UTC)
--I went through the article again and removed all the fancruft terminology. Now we're just down to one tag. --Radicalfaith360 4/24/2008
- It's looking better now, but the article still needs in line citations. A good place to start with would be Mean Machine archive review. --Nreive (talk) 09:00, 24 April 2008 (UTC)
--I'm still rough on how to add citations, so I prefer that to be handled by someone with more experience. --Radicalfaith360 4/24/2008
- The Storyline section is openly copied from the instruction manual and I don't believe this is allowed under Wikipedia guidelines. That's why a "section re-write" tag was placed there. -- Nreive (talk) 08:23, 25 April 2008 (UTC)
--Then do the work yourself instead of tagging it if you're so concerned because I'm not going to do it. --Radicalfaith360 4/30/2008 —Preceding unsigned comment added by Radicalfaith360 (talk • contribs) 17:15, 30 April 2008 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Streets of Rage 3. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20111007220957/http://www.psy-q.ch/mirrors/thegia/sites/www.thegia.com/features/f010123.html to http://www.psy-q.ch/mirrors/thegia/sites/www.thegia.com/features/f010123.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.