- The following is a closed discussion of a requested move. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on the talk page. Editors desiring to contest the closing decision should consider a move review after discussing it on the closer's talk page. No further edits should be made to this discussion.
The result of the move request was: No consensus. (closed by non-admin page mover) A1Cafel (talk) 02:49, 29 September 2019 (UTC)
– The Flash comic series had several names throuhout the years, two of them named exactly "The Flash": The Flash (comic book) and The Flash (DC Rebirth). List of Flash supporting characters serves as a list for all comic versions, including those two. That means that "List of The Flash characters" could mean list of characters from The Flash comic, just as well as it could mean list of characters from the 2014 TV series (or even the 1990 TV series, but that doesn't have its own article). As such it is WP:INCDAB and per it and WP:NCTV#List articles it should be disambiguated. Comic page disambiguated per WP:NCCDAB. Gonnym (talk) 08:30, 13 August 2019 (UTC) --Relisting. User:Ceyockey (talk to me) 02:08, 22 August 2019 (UTC) --Relisting. — Newslinger talk 02:57, 11 September 2019 (UTC)
- Oppose I think the hatnotes at the top of both of these articles covers it. - Brojam (talk) 03:03, 19 August 2019 (UTC)
- Support 2nd agree with nominator that it's ambiguous. Neutral-ish on first move - I think the current title in that case is sufficiently unambiguous, but I don't hate the extra explicitness. I have to admit, I find the medial parenthetical very weird-looking, but I was surprised to find there are hundreds of titles that follow this pattern (e.g. List of Alien (film series) characters, List of U.S. Open (golf) champions, etc.). Colin M (talk) 23:24, 5 September 2019 (UTC)
- Support 2nd move, Oppose first move per Colin M. The Flash overall is more notable than the 2014 TV series, so the first title is already clear. Additionally, using "comics" is misleading anyway, since the first article includes the 1990 TV series in its purview (and probably should include the 2014 series as well, even if spun out to the 2nd article). SnowFire (talk) 22:38, 11 September 2019 (UTC)
- Oppose per Brojam. With only two extant topics related to this, and one called "Flash" and the other called "The Flash", there is no reason to stick ugly disambiguators, particularly in the middle of the title. This is a solution looking for a problem. — Amakuru (talk) 09:43, 19 September 2019 (UTC)
- Oppose as proposed. We should never put disambiguation in the middle of the phrase.--Cúchullain t/c 14:27, 20 September 2019 (UTC)
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive of a requested move. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on this talk page or in a move review. No further edits should be made to this section.