|This is WikiProject Comics, a collaboration area for Wikipedians interested in improving coverage of Comics. New participants are welcome; please feel free to participate!
Welcome to WikiProject Comics, a project formed by Wikipedians to increase, expand, improve, and better organize articles related to comics in Wikipedia, the largest encyclopedia in the world. We rely on comics enthusiasts worldwide to make this the best comics encyclopaedia on the web. If you are interested in participating, why not see how you can get involved.
If you would like to help, please inquire on the talk page and see the to-do list there.
For more information on WikiProjects, please see Wikipedia:WikiProjects and Wikipedia:WikiProject best practices.
The scope of WikiProject Comics is improve the vast expanse of knowledge that comics have become. This WikiProject will attempt to cover all comics-related information included on Wikipedia. We will do this through volunteer contributors and editors. If you are interested in joining the WikiProject, please feel free to add your name to the Participants list below, and find yourself an article to adopt.
This WikiProject aims to provide a centralized home for work done on Wikipedia articles about comics and sequential art and to coordinate members' efforts to prevent redundancy and resolve disputes.
The project aims primarily to:
- Provide a forum to discuss the editing and organization of comics-related articles.
- Promote collaboration toward the development of comics-related articles into authoritative, high-quality material.
- Create a standard for the interpretation of copyright and fair use as it applies to the comic book articles (see Wikipedia's comics-related view on copyright material for more information).
- Maintain the portal.
WikiProject Comics now has over 600 participants! See Wikipedia:WikiProject Comics/Participants for the full list.
How to joinEdit
Add yourself to the list of members by going to the list here.
Once you've done that, you can also place Template:User WP Comics on your user page; this displays one of the following userboxes:
This templates will add your user page to Category:WikiProject Comics members.
Finally, please add the project page to watchlist.
Talking to other participantsEdit
You can use the project's talk page to talk to other members.
Members are welcome to join our project chat on the unofficial Wikimedia Discord server. Please see WP:Discord for more information.
WikiProject Comics userbox templatesEdit
Please see Wikipedia:Userboxes/Media/Comics for other comics userbox templates.
- Literature: Comics
- Visual and Performing Arts: Visual arts: Comics
- Getting Involved – A good place to start. Learn more about how you can be a part of this WikiProject.
- General discussion forum – Post your questions, comments, and concerns to this helpful and friendly talk page. This is the central page to visit for general discussion of the project. You can see what other editors are working on, ask questions, and keep track of the project's progress.
- The Notice Board keeps editors apprised of comics articles whose talk pages are involved in ongoing debates; merge, move, and delete proposals involving WikiProject articles; and other discussions of interest. Editors of articles can also announce new articles and projects and request comment from uninvolved editors. Updating help is also always needed and appreciated.
- Manual of Style (comics) explains proper grammar and formatting for comics articles.
- Exemplars shows the standard format for comics-related articles, and gives some examples of accepted article structure.
- Naming conventions describes the best ways to name new articles.
- References – This page lists some comics-related references to aid in sourcing your edits of comics-related articles.
- WikiProject Comics Templates make constructing and editing a comics article easier.
- Copyright (important) informs editors which images are appropriate for uploading and use in comics articles and how best to use them. WikiProject Comics has policies on copyright for Wikipedia comics articles either based on our consensus interpretation of Wikipedia:Fair use or agreements made with individual publishers. Unless stated otherwise, these are based on the interpretation of United States copyright law.
- 4.4% List-Class
- 22.5% Stub-Class
- 53.2% Start-Class
- 15.8% C-Class
- 1.5% B-Class
- 1.7% GA-Class
- 0.3% FA-Class
- 0.6% remaining
|Comics articles by quality and importance|
|WikiWork factors (?)||ω = 111,427||Ω = 4.97|
Index · Statistics · Log
- See Wikipedia:WikiProject Comics/Outstanding content for more information, including current and former candidates.
Articles categorised by assessmentEdit
- See Wikipedia:WikiProject Comics/Assessment for more information.
Quality: FA-Class | FL-Class | A-Class | GA-Class | B-Class | C-Class | Start-Class | Stub-Class | List-Class | Unassessed
Importance: Top | High | Mid | Low | Bottom | NA | Unknown
There are currently 60 comics-related articles which are featured articles, meaning they belong to the best articles of the entire Wikipedia. The articles can be found at Category:FA-Class Comics articles and are listed below. Dates refer to the date when the article was the Wikipedia Main Page article.
To-do list for Wikipedia:WikiProject Comics:
Announcements and open tasksEdit
|WikiProject Comics announcements and open tasks [ ]|
Notice board • Articles needing attention • Assessment • Cleanup listing • Deletion sorting • Popular pages • Peer reviews
Did you know
Articles for deletion
Categories for discussion
Templates for discussion
Redirects for discussion
Files for discussion
Featured article candidates
Good article nominees
Requests for comments
Articles to be merged
Articles to be split
Articles for creation
This list was generated from these rules. Questions and feedback are always welcome! The search is being run daily with the most recent ~14 days of results. Note: Some articles may not be relevant to this project.
Rules | Match log | Results page (for watching) | Last updated: 2023-05-29 20:23 (UTC)
Note: The list display can now be customized by each user. See List display personalization for details.
|View full version with work group lists|
A monthly popular pages report for this project is available, updated by Community Tech bot.
A list of articles needing cleanup associated with this project is available. See also the tool's wiki page and the index of WikiProjects.
An Unreferenced BLPs (biographies of living persons) report for this project is available, updated by DASHBot.