|WikiProject India / Music||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
|WikiProject Biography / Actors and Filmmakers||(Rated Start-class)|
Hi, can someone help me verify/falsify this; He also enacted one of the main-roles in the movie Picnic (1966). which I removed from the article because I got contradicting msg regarding this deep750 HE DID NOT ENACT THE MAIN ROLE IN PICNIC. HE PLAYED A CHARACTER ROLE OR A FAKIR IN ONE SONG. 
- Found this info on [IMDB] and asked if this was the lyricist Anand Bakshi, and some guy in a music-forum verified that it was him.
- found this info from the looong text written in the article: "Manoj Kumar was an small time actor then, and he would hear Bakshi’s poems on the sets. On the sets of “Picnic”, he advised Bakshi, that he must seek Shirdi Sai baba’s blessings for success in his work, and even took Bakshi to Shirdi with him. Bakshi played a small role of a FAKIR in “Picnic”."
deep750 13:19, 02 May 2006
Can some people please clarify if this man was born in 1920 or 1930? Santababa (http://www.santabanta.com/cinema.asp?pid=1463) says he was born in 1920, Hindi Lyrix shows him born in 1920 as well (http://www.hindilyrix.com/lyricists/lyricist-anand-bakshi.html). asmodai 11:53, 14 April 2006 (UTC) I'm also quite sure he was born in 1930. Many sites says so, and he didn't look like 80+ last time I saw him on TV deep750 13:20, 02 May 2006 (UTC)
Table of contentsEdit
This article really, really needs a TOC. 188.8.131.52 23:15, 11 May 2006 (UTC)
Suggestion to reduce lengthEdit
We need to definitely kill a lot of the text here--it's by far one of the longest articles I've seen and I tried attempting to read it and I can't even attempt it. --184.108.40.206 18:21, 15 June 2006 (UTC)
I've started the process of cleanup by:
- formatting most dates to Wiki style, and linking them
- fixing some paragraph spacing and quote formatting
- and - probably most controversially - removing a lot of quotations, as well as a couple of other trivia sections ("Poem by his son", "Favorties" [sic]). This sort of trivia might belong on Wikiquote, but it bulks up the Wikipedia article unnecessarily.
The article still needs a lot of work; in particular, the biography reads more like a list of anecdotes. I know very little about Bakshi, though, so I can't easily determine what is significant and what isn't (although I can probably make reasonable guesses, in most cases). More importantly, though, this article needs sources! Right now, there are zero sources cited in the entire article. This is unacceptable; Wikipedia requires that the information presented be verifiable. Again, as I know little about Bakshi, I can't easily find sources for the statements made here. Someone with more knowledge than I is going to have to find some. Zetawoof(ζ) 07:46, 4 July 2006 (UTC)
07/08/06: Added an "Anecdotes" section and moved a lot of anecdotal stuff (unsourced, to boot) to that section. Removed some personal (unsubstantiated) stuff that really belongs to a full-fledged biography in book form. Added a "Quotes" section to group together all the (unsourced) quotes.
There isn't a consensus on his year of birth. While I haven't come across 1920 as a candidate, opinion seems to be divided between 1928 and 1930.
- 'Screen' obituary citing 1930
- 'The Pioneer' cites 1928
- 'The Indian Express' chooses the "1920's"
- 'The Music Magazine' goes with 1928
- Pakistan's 'Dawn' chooses 1930
--Navneeth 03:15, 9 July 2006 (UTC)
- Thanks. I'd actually remove the "quotes" and "anecdotes" sections entirely, as neither really belongs in an encyclopedic article - they're both essentially trivia. Zetawoof(ζ) 04:01, 9 July 2006 (UTC)
- I agree. I'm starting to do some work on cleaning this article up a little as part of the wikification drive. Before I check for copyvios, I'm going to spend a little time ripping out some more of the superfluous material, including the two trivial sections you mention. -- kaosfere 12:46, 28 July 2006 (UTC)
Phew. There. I've majorly reworked this entire article, pulling out everything that seemed trivial or POV, removing reference lists available elsewhere, wikilinking wherever it made sense, and generally bashing this into shape. Hopefully I distilled the essence of what was here before without stripping out too much. It looks short, factual, and to-the-point to me, but still needs verification and citation. -- kaosfere 16:29, 28 July 2006 (UTC)
- great job by the "cleaners" this article had alot info, but no system. I created this article on late mr Bakshi. I actually miss some of the info I created. If you guys dont mind, I hope you guys could include the filmfareawards-overview, which has been removed. Hope to come back and see the "final" version of this article about this great man. thanks. --Dhirad 12:43, 30 July 2006 (UTC)
Guys, this article has a major error. The concluding part mentions he died (of multiple organ failure) etc. etc. at the age of 72 in 2002. But the article begins by mentioning his year of birth as 1920. If he was born in 1920 and died in 2002 he died not at the age of 72 but 82. In case he was born in 1930 then he died at the age of 72 in 2002. On the understanding that he died at the age of 72, I am hereby changing the year of birth from 1920 to 1930.Srirangam99 (talk) 07:07, 2 November 2010 (UTC)
Converted the filmfare awards wins and nominations to wikitable. I think the misc section should be renamed trivia, most of its information should be merged into the article, and the timeline should be converted into para form. Wouldn't be editing the article much. Hope regular editors are able to improve it. All the best.
This man's sonEdit
I really think this man's son should be stopped from editing this page, or there should be some sort of limit to his editing it. I have taken away stuff from this page so many times this last week, to clear it up and make it easier to read, but every single time I do, his son adds the same information in again. Sometimes it's stuff I've deleted, sometimes it's stuff that's still in the article that I've just moved around. It's really starting to annoy me because I'm trying to help the article but I'm just getting pushed back some time. A little help from someone here? Ripswitched (talk) 13:00, 24 October 2010 (UTC)