Taís Bianca Gama de Araújo (Portuguese pronunciation: [taˈiʒ biˈɐ̃kɐ ˈɡɐ̃mɐ dʒi aɾaˈuʒu]; born 25 November 1978) is a Brazilian actress, TV host and model.
Taís Bianca Gama de Araújo
25 November 1978
Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil
|Alma mater||Estácio de Sá University|
Lázaro Ramos (m. 2006)
Her first prominent role on television was in 1996 as protagonist of the Brazilian telenovela Xica da Silva by Walcyr Carrasco, in the Rede Manchete. In 2004, she portrayed Preta in Da Cor do Pecado created by João Emanuel Carneiro and she played Ellen, comic antagonist in the telenovela Cobras & Lagartos in 2006. In 2009, she received her first protagonist in primetime of Globo, one of the Helenas created by Manoel Carlos in the telenovela Viver a Vida—making her the first black woman to star in a prime time telenovela.
In 2012, she played Maria da Penha in the telenovela Cheias de Charme, the fourth lead role in her career. Her sixth leading role was playing the journalist Verônica Monteiro in technology oriented television series Geração Brasil, as part of the main trio of the plot, alongside Cláudia Abreu and Murilo Benício.
As of 2015, she protagonizes the musical comedy television series Mister Brau opposite her husband Lázaro Ramos. Taís is still touring the country with the play O Topo da Montanha, which debuted in São Paulo in 2015 and earned her a nomination for the Shell Award for Best Actress. As a television host takes part in the program Saia Justa aired at the GNT network.
In 2016, an opinion poll (Pesquisa Qualibest) pointed out Taís Araújo as the woman most admired by young people between the ages of 13 and 20, the fifth most influential artist in television and internet in the country, according to the newspaper Meio & Message in partnership with Instituto Datafolha in 2016, and the fourth most influential in 2017.
In 2017 she was elected one of the 100 most influential personalities of the world under 40 years of age by MIPAD, and for this reason she participated in a debate at Columbia University in New York. In 2015, in the matter of the English newspaper The Guardian on the series Mister Brau, the pair Taís Araújo and Lázaro Ramos was quoted like featured in the Brazilian television. Also was chosen one of the most warlike and stylish women by the American magazine Vogue. She and her husband Lázaro Ramos wer shortlisted out as the most powerful of the national showbizz, in the cover of Veja magazine published in March 2017. In 3 July 2017, she was appointed as the Defender of Rights of Black Women by UN Women Brazil, a United Nations entity for gender equality and women's empowerment.
In her personal life, she and her husband Lázaro Ramos have two children.
Life and careerEdit
Taís Araújo was born in Rio de Janeiro on 25 November 1978 as a premature birth of seven months. She is of African, Austrian and Portuguese descent. She is daughter to Ademir de Araújo, an economist and Mercedes de Araújo, an educationist. Araújo is the second daughter of her parents and her sister, Cláudia Araújo—a doctor—seven years older than her. She is also cousin to actor and singer Marcello Melo Jr. During her childhood, she lived with her family in Méier, neighbourhood in the North Zone of Rio de Janeiro. Until the age of 8, Araújo mainly studied in private institutions. From her younger years through her large extent of her adolescence and youth she lived in Barra da Tijuca. She studied journalism in Estácio S.A. On 18 June 2011, she gave birth to her first son João Vicente de Araújo Ramos, a fruit of her marriage to Lázaro Ramos. On 7 August 2014, Araújo announced that she was with child-a girl.
Her first character in telenovelas was in Tocaia Grande in 1995, directed by Walter Avancini. A few months later, Walter Avancini was set to direct the telenovela Xica da Silva, of 1996, and chose Araújo to be the lead, in Rede Manchete. The telenovela was exported to a good number of countries. In 2000, she was voted add one of the 50 most beautiful faces in the world by Spanish version of People magazine. In 1997, she moved to Rede Globo to star in Anjo Mau, playing Vivian. That same year he met the director Denise Saraceni, with whom he would return to work other times in his career. In 2004, she received Kikito's Best supporting actress at the Festival de Gramado for her work on The Daughters of the Wind.
In 2006, she played the comic villain Ellen in Cobras & Lagartos, also created by Carneiro; she had an onscreen romance with then boyfriend Lázaro Ramos. In 2006, she was the first black presenter of the program Superbonita of the channel GNT, where it would remain by three years, until 2009. In 2008, she returned to work with João Emanuel Carneiro, in A Favorita; portraying Alicia, daughter of a corrupt deputy played by Milton Gonçalves, who for the second time, consecutively, was his father in a telenovela, the first one in Cobras & Lagartos. After the end of A Favorita's recordings in January 2009, the actress wrote her first article in the Folha de S. Paulo newspaper in which she reported the inauguration of President Barack Obama. Separated from her husband Lázaro Ramos, she moved to Paris, with an intention to study French. She got an offer from Manoel Carlos, making her the first black actress in Brazilian television history to be the protagonist of a primetime novel—the 8 pm telenovelas that garner a large viewership—a role of Helena that has been portrayed by a number of actresses before. The telenovela Viver a Vida was not as successful, and the role of Helena was marked as the biggest failure in Araújo's career, with the total rejection of the character, being criticized by the media and the viewers. At the time, and she came to think that it would be the end of her blossoming career, going through depression for a period of two years.
In 2012, Araújo played the maid who turns singer, Maria da Penha, in the 7 pm comedy drama telenovela, Cheias de Charme, Created by Filipe Miguez and Izabel de Oliveira. In addition to film and television, she has also performed in the theater. In 2013, she lived the secretary Sheila in the series O Dentista Mascarado, a character of dubious character, owner of many facets, known in the square by various names.
In 2014, portrayed journalist Veronica in the Geração Brasil, working again with the creators Filipe Miguez and Izabel de Oliveira. Taís was cast to play Michele in the series Mister Brau, with her spouse Lázaro Ramos.. In 2015, alongside Lázaro Ramos, she made her debut in the play the Top of the Mountain that earned her nomination for the contest Shell Prize of Better Actress  and took more than 100 thousand people to the theater. In 2016 starred in her seventh film, The Cup Steal, in the role of Dolores inspired by Adele Fatima.
Taís dated the singer and television host Netinho de Paula, at her time in the group Negritude Júnior in the late 1990s until the early 2000s. After the relationship with Netinho ended, Taís dated and became engaged to the jiu-jitsu fighter Marcio Feitosa, with whom they broke up in 2004. Shortly thereafter, she began dating Lázaro Ramos, whom she married in November 2005. In March 2008, the actors decided to separate amicably. Araújo got into a relationship with Allan Espinosa, son of football coach Valdir Espinosa. Months later rumors began circulating that she and Ramos had reconciled. They announced their reconciliation in April 2009. In 18 June 2011, her first son, João Vicente, was born. In mid 2014, Araújo announced that she was expectant. Her daughter Maria Antônia was born on 23 January 2015, exactly at 8:45 am in the maternity ward of Barra da Tijuca, in the West Zone of Rio; Claudia Araújo—Araújo's sister and obstetrician gynecologist—was one of the doctors who did the surgery.
On the night of 31 October 2015, the actress's Facebook page was the subject of racist comments, and she stated in a posting: "I will not be intimidated, I will not lower my head either." The hashtag #SomosTodosTaísAraújo became a trending topic on the morning of 1 November. The same case occurred with the journalist Maria Júlia Coutinho and also the actresses Sheron Menezes and Cris Vianna, victims of cyberbullying. The Office of the Prosecutor for Crimes of Informatics launched an investigation to determine the crime. In 2016, for her fight against racism, she received the honor in the Trip Transformadores Prize, of Trip Magazine.
In 2017 she was invited to participate in a Tedx lecture in São Paulo, telling an audience of about nine thousand people about her experiences in social activism in the struggle for equal rights in society. Also in 2017, she was elected one of the 100 most influential Afro-descendant personalities in the world under the age of 40, and received the award in New York. Also in 2017 received a tribute in the Award Claudia promoted by the Claudia Magazine, of Editora Abril, in São Paulo, in the category hors concours, honor granted to the people that act by the equality of rights in the society.
|1994||Pátria Minha||Aparecia na abertura|
|1996||Xica da Silva||Francisca da Silva de Oliveira (Xica da Silva)||Main role|
|1998||Meu Bem Querer||Edivânia|
|1999||Yo soy Betty, la fea||Herself||Cameo|
|Você Decide||Episode: "O Dragão e a Borboleta"|
|2001||Porto dos Milagres||Selminha Aluada|
|2002||O Quinto dos Infernos||Dandara|
|Brava Gente||Beatriz||Episode: "Um Capricho"|
|A Grande Família||Maria da Graça||Episode: "Vai Pra Casa, Beiçola"|
|2004||Da Cor do Pecado||Preta de Souza||Main role|
|2005||América||Nossa Senhora Aparecida||Cameo|
|2006||Cobras & Lagartos||Ellen dos Santos||Main role|
|2007||Casos e Acasos||Gabriela|
|2008–2009||A Favorita||Alícia Rosa||130 episodes|
|2009||Viver a Vida||Helena Toledo||Main role|
|2012||Cheias de Charme||Penha||Main role|
|2013||O Dentista Mascarado||Sheila (Shaly)|
|2014||Geração Brasil||Verônica Monteiro||Main role|
|2015–2018||Mister Brau||Michelle Brau||Main role|
|2019||Amor de Mãe||Vitória Amorim||Main role|
|1998||Caminho dos Sonhos||Ana Cavalcante|||
|2003||Garrincha - Estrela Solitária||Elza Soares|
|2005||As Filhas do Vento||Cida|
|2006||O Maior Amor do Mundo||Luciana|
|2008||A Guerra dos Rocha||Carol|||
|2014||Pixinguinha - Um Homem Carinhoso||Esposa de Pixinguinha|||
|2016||Empreguetes||Maria da Penha Fragoso Barbosa (Penha)|||
|2019||Spies in Disguise||Marcy Keppel (voice)|
|1997||Orfeu da Conceição|
|2003||Personalíssima Isaurinha Garcia|
|2005||Liberdade para as Borboletas|
|2007||O Método Gronholm|||
|2010||Gimba, o Presidente dos Valentes|||
|2011||Amores, Perdas e Meus Vestidos|||
|2013||Sangue na Caixa de Areia|
Awards and nominationsEdit
|Awards and nominations|
|1997||Troféu Imprensa||Revelação do Ano||Xica da Silva||Won|||
|1999||Festival de Cinema Brasileiro de Miami||Best Actress||Caminho dos Sonhos||Won|||
|2004||Festival de Cinema Brasileiro de Miami||Best Actress||Garrincha - Estrela Solitária||Won|
|Festival de Gramado||Best Supporting Actress||As Filhas do Vento||Won|
|Prêmio Contigo! de TV||Best Actress||Da Cor do Pecado||Nominated|||
|Best in Romantic Couple (with Reynaldo Gianecchini)||Won|
|Troféu Raça Negra||Best Actress||Won|
|2006||Melhores do Ano||Best Actress||Cobras & Lagartos||Won|||
|2007||Troféu Imprensa||Best Actress||Nominated|||
|Meus Prêmios Nick||Favorite Actress||Won|||
|Prêmio Contigo! de TV||Best Actress||Nominated|
|Best Romantic Couple(with Lázaro Ramos)||Nominated|
|2012||Prêmio Quem de Televisão||Best Actress||Cheias de Charme||Nominated|
|Prêmio Extra de Televisão||Best Actress||Nominated|||
|2014||Prêmio Quem de Televisão||Best Actress||Geração Brasil||Nominated|
|2015||Prêmio Quem de Televisão||Best Actress||Mister Brau||Pending|||
|Melhores do Ano||Best Actress in a Series or Miniseries||Nominated|||
|Prêmio F5||Actress of the Year||Pending|||
|2016||Prêmio Shell||Best Actress||O Topo da Montanha||Nominated|||
|Prêmio Cenym de Teatro||Best Actress||Nominated|||
|Prêmio Qualidade Brasil de Teatro||Best Actress Drama||Nominated|||
|Melhores do Ano||Best Actress in a Series or Miniseries||Mister Brau||Nominated|||
|Prêmio Trip Transformadores||Homenagem - Trip Transformadores do Ano||Herself||Won|||
|Geração Glamour - Glamour||Cool woman of the year||Herself||Won|||
|Man of the Year - GQ Brasil||Woman of the year||Herself||Won|||
|2017||Troféu Internet||Best Actress||Mister Brau||Nominated|||
|Prêmio Claudia - Claudia||Homenagem - Ativismo social||Herself||Won|||
- "Taís Araújo lembra sua Helena de Manoel Carlos: 'Achei que carreira ia acabar'". Pure People.
- "Taís Araújo: 'Minha Helena foi um fracasso'". Revista Mundo da Fama.
- ""Mister Brau" bate novo recorde com a maior audiência da faixa desde 2014". NaTelinha. Retrieved October 2, 2017.
- "Taís Araújo e o sonho possível de falar o que acredita: "Se eu não fizer desse jeito, minha carreira não vai ter graça" | Dirceu Alves Jr. | VEJA SÃO PAULO". VEJA SÃO PAULO.
- "As 12 brasileiras mais notáveis do País – Meio & Mensagem". www.meioemensagem.com.br. Retrieved October 2, 2017.
- "Os mais influentes da internet e da TV – Meio & Mensagem". www.meioemensagem.com.br. Retrieved October 2, 2017.
- "YouTuber é a personalidade mais influente do Brasil - ProXXIma". www.proxxima.com.br. Retrieved October 2, 2017.
- "Taís Araújo e Lázaro Ramos agradecem prêmio internacional: 'Fortalecimento da nossa identidade'". Gshow.
- Douglas, Bruce (October 7, 2015). "Brazilian television slowly confronts country's deeply entrenched race issues". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077.
- "Taís Araújo Isn't Just Brazil's Most Stylish TV Star, She's Also Its Bravest". Vogue.
- "Taís Araújo e Lázaro Ramos: o casal mais poderoso do showbiz | VEJA.com". VEJA.com.
- "Taís Araújo é nomeada Defensora das Mulheres Negras pela ONU | CLAUDIA". CLAUDIA.
- "Taís Araújo" (in Portuguese). Retrieved April 5, 2016.
- "Pais de Taís Araújo paparicam a atriz". Caras5 (in Portuguese). Retrieved April 5, 2016.
- "Taís Araújo: uma musa da igualdade". MDE Mulher (in Portuguese).
- "Taís Araújo se forma em jornalismo". Ego Globo (in Portuguese). Retrieved April 5, 2016.
- "Nasce filho de Tais Araujo e Lazaro Ramos". Caras (in Portuguese). Retrieved April 6, 2016.
- "Casamento de Tais Araujo e Lazaro Ramos" (in Portuguese). Retrieved April 5, 2016.
- "Gravidez de Taís Araújo muda trama e cria novo mistério em Geração Brasil". GShow Globo (in Portuguese). Retrieved April 5, 2016.
- "Grávida, Taís Araújo também espera bebê em "Geração Brasil"". Televisao Globo (in Portuguese). Retrieved April 5, 2016.
- "À espera de um bebê, Taís Araújo muda rumos de 'Geração Brasil' e ficará grávida também na trama". Entretenimento Globo (in Portuguese). Retrieved April 5, 2016.
- "A estonteante Taís Araújo é a primeira protagonista negra em novela contemporânea". Paraná Online. Retrieved April 5, 2016.
- "Taís Araújo relembra estreia na Globo em 'Anjo Mau' aos 18 anos: 'Personagem difícil de fazer'". Bastidores.
- "Taís Araújo relembra estreia na Globo em 'Anjo Mau' aos 18 anos: 'Personagem difícil de fazer'". Bastidores.
- "Taís Araújo deixa comando do "Superbonita" temporariamente - 24/07/2009 - Ilustrada - Folha de S.Paulo". m.folha.uol.com.br. Retrieved April 5, 2016.
- "Folha de S.Paulo - "Eu vi o homem que o mundo espera que defenda um novo tempo" - 23/01/2009". www1.folha.uol.com.br. Retrieved April 5, 2016.
- "Protagonista de 'Viver a Vida', Taís Araújo está no auge da carreira". Terra Networks. Retrieved April 5, 2016.
- "Taís Araújo cita "trauma" após novela: "Entrei de cabeça na tristeza"". Rede TV - TV Fama. Retrieved April 5, 2016.
- "Protagonistas de Cheias de Charme ganham ônibus típico de artistas". Globo.com. Rede Globo. March 16, 2012. Retrieved April 5, 2016.
- "Taís Araújo vivera repórter em Geração Brasil". Gshow. Globo.com. Retrieved April 5, 2016.
- Gshow. "Ação! Veja primeira foto de Taís Araújo na nova novela das sete". Extras - Geração Brasil. Retrieved April 5, 2016.
- Gshow. "Verônica Monteiro - Personagens - Geração Brasil". Personagens > Geração Brasil. Retrieved April 5, 2016.
- iG. "Taís Araújo e Lázaro Ramos juntos em nova série da Rede Globo". RD1. Retrieved April 5, 2016.
- "Taís Araújo revela a origem de sua mulata incorreta em 'O Roubo da Taça' - Cultura - Estadão". Estadão.
- "Lázaro Ramos e Taís Araújo se casam em cartório do Rio". Correio. Correio - 24 horas. Retrieved April 5, 2016.
- Ana Paula Bazolli. "Taís Araújo deixa maternidade: "O bebê parece muito com o Lázaro"". Revista Quem. Taís Araújo. Retrieved April 5, 2016.
- Ego, Juliana Maselli. "Taís Araújo dá à luz Maria Antônia e deve ter alta neste sábado, 24". Taís Araújo. Retrieved January 23, 2015.
- "Nasce Maria Antonia, filha de Tais Araújo e Lázaro Ramos". O Globo. Retrieved April 5, 2016.
- "Taís Araújo é vítima de racismo na web e garante: 'Não vou me intimidar'". Ego. Globo.com. Retrieved April 5, 2016.
- "Taís Araújo - #SomosTodosTaisAraujo - Trip Transformadores - Homenagem a quem faz a diferença no mundo". revistatrip.uol.com.br. Retrieved April 5, 2016.
- "Taís Araújo: Ela tem um sonho parecido com o seu". HuffPost Brasil. August 16, 2017.
- "Taís Araújo recebe homenagem surpresa no Prêmio CLAUDIA e público se emociona". CLAUDIA.
- IMDb — Taís Araújo
- "Taís Araújo será Xica da Silva no cinema, diz jornal" (in Portuguese). EGO. May 18, 2010. Retrieved July 31, 2010.
- "Taís Araújo será Xica da Silva no cinema, diz Diário de São Paulo" (in Portuguese). CidadeVerde.com. May 18, 2010. Retrieved July 31, 2010.
- "Taís Araújo intepreta Xica da Silva novamente. Desta vez, no cinema, diz jornal" (in Portuguese). Babado. May 18, 2010. Retrieved July 31, 2010.
- "Taís Araújo deve voltar a encarnar Xica da Silva" (in Portuguese). eBand. May 18, 2010. Retrieved July 31, 2010.
- "Três motivos para assistir à Taís Araújo na peça 'Solidores' ego.globo.com" (in Portuguese).
- "EGO VIU: 'Método Grönholm' traz elenco afinado e reflexão sobre o ser humano ego.globo.com" (in Portuguese).
- "Os limites da subserviência corporativa em xeque em "O Método Grönholm" uol.com.br" (in Portuguese).
- "Taís Araújo ganha carinho de Lázaro Ramos após apresentação de peça terra.com.br" (in Portuguese).
- "Taís Araújo recebe famosos durante espetáculo no Rio de Janeiro globo.com" (in Portuguese).
- Xica da Silva
- Caminho dos Sonhos
- Cobras & Lagartos
- Troféu Imprensa de melhor atriz
- Meus Prêmios Nick de Atriz Favorita
- Prêmio Extra de Televisão
- Prêmio Quem de Melhor Atriz
- Mister Brau
- Prêmio F5
- "Prêmio Shell de Teatro divulga indicados do segundo semestre de 2015 em São Paulo | Dirceu Alves Jr. | VEJA SÃO PAULO". December 15, 2015. Cite journal requires
- "16º Prêmio Cenym". 16º Prêmio Cenym. Retrieved December 6, 2016.
- "Prêmio Arte Qualidade 2016 - Prêmio Arte Qualidade Brasil". premioartequalidade.org.br. Retrieved November 3, 2016.
- Melhores do Ano: conheça os indicados ao prêmio em 2016
- "O Brasil que a gente quer". Trip.
- "Taís Araújo é a mulher bacana do ano do Geração Glamour". Glamour.
- "Eleita mulher do ano, Taís Araújo comenta prêmio: 'Reconhecimento'". Ego.
- "Troféu Internet de 2017". Wikipédia, a enciclopédia livre. January 21, 2017.
- "Taís Araújo recebe homenagem emocionante no Prêmio CLAUDIA 2017. Assista!". CLAUDIA.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Taís Araújo.|