Reynaldo Cisotto Gianecchini Júnior (Portuguese pronunciation: [ʁejˈnawdu ˌʒɐneˈkini]; born 12 November 1972) is a Brazilian actor and model.
Reynaldo Cisotto Gianecchini Júnior
12 November 1972
(m. 1999; div. 2006)
Gianecchini started acting at the age of 6, on the stage of his school in Birigüi, São Paulo. He graduated with a degree in law from the Pontifical Catholic University of São Paulo (PUC-SP) in 1997, but he never practiced it.
His dream of becoming an actor was delayed by his modeling career. He was a successful model for eight years, of which two were overseas, residing in Paris, but all the while he was traveling to such cities as New York, London, Berlin, and Milan. He was unhappy, though, and decided to resume his pursuit of an acting career.
In 2001, he landed his first significant regular role in the soap opera Laços de Família. He played the role of Edu, a doctor who was romantically involved with a woman many years older than he was, played by actress Vera Fischer.
In 2002, Gianecchini was chosen to be the exclusive top model for Armani in Brazil, a position he apparently still holds to this date (Maria Fernanda Candido, his co-star in Esperança, is the female equivalent for Armani).
Since August 2011, Gianecchini has been battling against cancer (angioimmunoblastic T-cell lymphoma) and has undergone chemotherapy treatment. In an interview with O Globo in September 2019, he stated that although he has dated both women and men, he does not identify as any sexual orientation. In September 2020, he stated that he identifies as pansexual. Gianecchini has Italian ancestry.
|2000–2001||Laços de Família||Eduardo de Albuquerque Monteiro Fernandes (Edu)|
|2001–2002||As Filhas da Mãe||Ricardo Brandão|
|2001||Sítio do Picapau Amarelo||Himself||Episode: "A Festa da Cuca"|
|2002–2003||Esperança||Antônio Bellini (Tony)|
|2002||Sai de Baixo||Marlon Brandson||Episode: "O Último Golpe do Arouche"|
|2003||Casseta & Planeta, Urgente!||Dr. Gianecologista||Episode dated 12 August 2003|
|2003||Mulheres Apaixonadas||Ricardo||Episode dated 11 October 2003|
|2004||Da Cor do Pecado||Paco Lambertini/Apolo Sardinha|
|2005–2006||Belíssima||Pascoal da Silva|
|2005||A História de Rosa||Zeca||Television special|
|2005||Clara e o Chuveiro do Tempo||Santos-Dumont||Miniseries|
|2007–2008||Sete Pecados||Dante Florentino|
|2008||O Natal do Menino Imperador||Dom Pedro I||Television special|
|2010–2011||Passione||Frederico Lobato Filho (Fred)|
|2012||Cheias de Charme||Himself||Episode dated 13 July 2012|
|2012–2013||Guerra dos Sexos||Orlando Cardoso (Nando)|
|2014||Em Família||Cadú Fernandes|
|2015||Verdades Secretas||Anthony Mariano|
|2016–2017||A Lei do Amor||Pedro Guedes Leitão|
|2019||A Dona do Pedaço||Régis Mantovani|
|2005||Robots||Rodney Copperbottom (voice)||Brazilian Portuguese dub|
|2008||Sexo com Amor?||Rafael|
|2009||Flordelis: Basta uma Palavra para Mudar||Alex|
|2013||Se Puder... Dirija!||André|
|2014||S.O.S. Mulheres ao Mar||André|
|2015||S.O.S. Mulheres ao Mar 2||André|
|2016||My Hindu Friend||Ricardo Steen|
- Boca de Ouro
- O Príncipe de Copacabana
- A Peça Sobre o Bebê
- Vossa Excelência, o Candidato
- Doce Deleite
- A Toca do Coelho
- Os Guardas de Taj
- "Você" (with Marília Gabriela)
- "The intense struggle of Brazilian Actor Reynaldo Gianecchini against cancer". m24digital.com. Archived from the original on 6 January 2012. Retrieved 21 March 2012.
- de Aquino, Ruth (29 September 2019). "Reynaldo Gianecchini fala sobre as rugas dos 46 anos, a alma sedutora e a vontade de quebrar preconceitos". O Globo (in Portuguese). Archived from the original on 29 September 2019. Retrieved 5 December 2019.
- "Reynaldo Gianecchini agora diz ser pansexual: 'Todo mundo tem muitos lados'". Folha de S.Paulo (in Portuguese). 1 September 2020. Retrieved 27 December 2020.
- "Reynaldo Gianecchini". IMDb. Retrieved 4 September 2020.
- "Reynaldo Gianecchini e elenco lançam filme 'Diminuta' em Gramado" (in Portuguese). G1. 30 August 2016. Retrieved 31 March 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Reynaldo Gianecchini.|