TOGG, or Turkey's Automobile Joint Venture Group Inc. (Turkish: Türkiye'nin Otomobili Girişim Grubu A.Ş.) is a Turkish automotive company founded as a joint venture in 2018. Anadolu Group, BMC Turkey, Kök Group, Turkcell and Zorlu Holding are major stakeholders under the umbrella institution TOBB. Each company has 19% shares and TOBB has 5% share.
|Industry||Automotive, Mobility Ecosystem|
|Founded||June 25, 2018|
On 27 December 2019, the first introduction was made in Gebze, along with the creation of IT Valley (Turkish: Bilişim Vadisi). President Erdoğan unveiled two models, one SUV and one sedan during the event. The first two prototypes were produced in Italy by Pininfarina. The car manufacturing plant will be in Gemlik, Bursa.
The ground breaking ceremony for the factory in Gemlik was held on 18 July 2020.
The two models of the TOGG Turkish national car unveiled in December 2019 are both all-electric vehicles with 300 km and 500 km range options. Both cars will have an 8-year battery warranty and level 2 autonomous driving assistance.
|TOGG (SUV)||C-segment SUV||27 December 2019||2022||Electric|
|TOGG (Sedan)||C-segment Sedan||2024|
|TBA||C-segment Hatchback||To be announced||by 2030|
Haralar in the Gemlik district of Bursa Province was chosen as the production plant site. It is part of 400 ha (990 acres) of land owned by the Turkish Armed Forces. The site was preferred for its proximity to a seaport, a free-trade zone and to suppliers. The construction cost of the production plant is budgeted at ₺ 22 billion (approx. US$ 3.7 billion). Employment of 4,323 people is planned at the production plant.
- "Erdoğan, 'Babayiğit'leri açıkladı". takvim.com.tr (in Turkish). Retrieved 27 December 2019.
- "Turkey Presents Prototypes in $3.7 Billion Car Project". www.bloomberg.com. Retrieved 27 December 2019.
- "Turkey unveils prototype of first indigenous car". Yeni Şafak (in Turkish). Retrieved 27 December 2019.
- "Yerli otomobil İtalya'dan gizlilikle getirildi". www.cumhuriyet.com.tr (in Turkish). Retrieved 27 December 2019.
- "Erdogan lays cornerstone for 1st Turkish car plant". Retrieved 25 July 2020.
- "TÜRKİYE'NİN OTOMOBİLİ GİRİŞİM GRUBU - PRODUCT PRESS RELEASE, 27 December 2019" (PDF). Retrieved 27 December 2019.
- "Yerli otomobil Gemlik'te üretilecek". Hürriyet (in Turkish). 27 December 2019. Retrieved 28 December 2019.
|This Turkish corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|