TN postcode area
Postcode district boundaries:
The TN postcode area, also known as the Tunbridge Wells postcode area, is a group of 40 postcode districts in England, within 24 post towns. These cover south Kent (including Royal Tunbridge Wells, Tonbridge, Ashford, Sevenoaks, Cranbrook, Edenbridge, New Romney, Romney Marsh and Tenterden) and northern and eastern East Sussex (including Hastings, Battle, Bexhill-on-Sea, Crowborough, Etchingham, Hartfield, Heathfield, Mayfield, Robertsbridge, Rye, St Leonards-on-Sea, Uckfield, Wadhurst and Winchelsea), plus very small parts of Surrey and the London Borough of Bromley.
|Postcode area name|
|Statistics as at May 2020|
The approximate coverage of the postcode districts:
|Postcode district||Post town||Coverage||Local authority area(s)|
|TN1||TUNBRIDGE WELLS||Tunbridge Wells (town centre)||Tunbridge Wells|
|TN2||TUNBRIDGE WELLS||Royal Tunbridge Wells (south and east), Pembury||Tunbridge Wells|
|TN3||TUNBRIDGE WELLS||Langton Green, Groombridge, Frant, Speldhurst, Lamberhurst||Tunbridge Wells, Wealden|
|TN4||TUNBRIDGE WELLS||Royal Tunbridge Wells (north), Rusthall, Southborough||Tunbridge Wells|
|TN5||WADHURST||Wadhurst, Ticehurst, Tidebrook, Stonegate||Rother, Wealden|
|TN6||CROWBOROUGH||Black Hill, Boars Head, Burnt Oak, Castle Hill, Friars Gate, Mark Cross, Rotherfield, St Johns, Stone Cross, Town Row||Wealden|
|TN7||HARTFIELD||Coleman's Hatch, Hartfield||Wealden|
|TN8||EDENBRIDGE||Crockham Hill, Edenbridge||Sevenoaks, Tandridge|
|TN9||TONBRIDGE (town centre and south)||Tonbridge||Tonbridge and Malling|
|TN10||TONBRIDGE (north including Higham Wood)||Tonbridge||Tonbridge and Malling|
|TN11||TONBRIDGE||Penshurst, Hildenborough, Hadlow||Sevenoaks, Tonbridge and Malling, Tunbridge Wells|
|TN12||TONBRIDGE||Paddock Wood, Staplehurst, Brenchley, Horsmonden, Marden, East Peckham||Maidstone, Tonbridge and Malling, Tunbridge Wells|
|TN13||SEVENOAKS||Sevenoaks, Riverhead, Dunton Green||Sevenoaks|
|TN14||SEVENOAKS||Cudham, Knockholt, Shoreham, Otford||Bromley, Sevenoaks|
|TN15||SEVENOAKS||Kemsing, Ightham, Plaxtol, Wrotham, Sevenoaks Weald||Sevenoaks, Tonbridge and Malling|
|TN16||WESTERHAM||Westerham, Biggin Hill, Tatsfield||Sevenoaks, Bromley, Tandridge|
|TN17||CRANBROOK||Cranbrook, Goudhurst, Sissinghurst, Benenden, Frittenden||Ashford, Tunbridge Wells|
|TN18||CRANBROOK||Hawkhurst, Sandhurst||Tunbridge Wells|
|TN21||HEATHFIELD||Heathfield, Broad Oak, Horam, Cross in Hand||Rother, Wealden|
|TN22||UCKFIELD||Buxted, Isfield, Maresfield, Nutley, Uckfield||Wealden|
|TN23||ASHFORD||Ashford (town centre), Kingsnorth, Singleton||Ashford|
|TN24||ASHFORD||Willesborough, Kennington, Boughton Aluph, Goat Lees||Ashford|
|TN25||ASHFORD||Challock, Wye, Stowting, Brook||Ashford, Folkestone and Hythe|
|TN26||ASHFORD||Bethersden, Hamstreet, Shadoxhurst, Woodchurch||Ashford|
|TN27||ASHFORD||Headcorn, Biddenden||Ashford, Maidstone|
|TN28||NEW ROMNEY||New Romney, Greatstone-on-Sea, Littlestone-on-Sea||Folkestone and Hythe|
|TN29||ROMNEY MARSH||Lydd||Folkestone and Hythe|
|TN31||RYE||Rye, Camber, Northiam||Rother|
|TN32||ROBERTSBRIDGE||Robertsbridge, Mountfield, Bodiam, Brightling||Rother|
|TN34||HASTINGS||Hastings town centre||Hastings|
|TN35||HASTINGS||Hastings, Pett, Guestling, Westfield||Hastings, Rother|
|TN37||ST. LEONARDS-ON-SEA||St Leonards-on-Sea||Hastings|
|TN38||ST. LEONARDS-ON-SEA||St Leonards-on-Sea, Silverhill, Wishing Tree, North Hastings, Bulverhythe||Hastings|
Main delivery offices are in Ashford, Bexhill, Biggin Hill, Cranbrook, Crowborough, Edenbridge, Heathfield, New Romney, Rye, Sevenoaks, St Leonards, Tenterden, Tonbridge, Tunbridge Wells and Uckfield. Scale Payment Delivery Offices are in Post Offices of Appledore, Bethersden, Brabourne Lees, Charing, Egerton, Etchingham, Headcorn, Marden, Robertsbridge, Smarden, Staplehurst and Woodchurch.
As of this edit, this article uses content from "Mapping data and geographic information from Ordnance Survey", which is licensed in a way that permits reuse under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License, but not under the GFDL. All relevant terms must be followed.
- "ONS Postcode Directory Version Notes" (ZIP). National Statistics Postcode Products. Office for National Statistics. May 2020. Table 2. Retrieved 19 June 2020. Coordinates from mean of unit postcode points, "Code-Point Open". OS OpenData. Ordnance Survey. February 2012. Retrieved 21 April 2012.
- Royal Mail, Address Management Guide, (2004)
- Local authority data obtained from OS OpenData Code-Point Open. Contains Ordnance Survey data © Crown copyright and database right 2010 and contains Royal Mail data © Royal Mail copyright and database right 2010, under licence. Local authorities only listed for postcode districts having at least 5% of their postcodes from that authority, to exclude erroneous, fringe and non-geographical cases.
- "Non Geographic Codes" (PDF). Royal Mail Address Management Unit. July 2012. Archived from the original (PDF) on 16 September 2012. Retrieved 25 October 2012.
- "New sectors and localities to 19 October 2012" (PDF). Royal Mail Address Management Unit. 19 October 2012. Archived from the original (PDF) on 13 May 2013. Retrieved 25 October 2012.