Târgu Mureș International Airport
Târgu Mureș Transilvania Airport (Romanian: Aeroportul Transilvania Târgu Mureș; Hungarian: Marosvásárhelyi Transilvania Repülőtér) (IATA: TGM, ICAO: LRTM) is an international airport located 14 km (8.7 mi) southwest of Târgu Mureș, Mureș County, in central Romania. Until May 2006, the official name was Târgu Mureș Vidrasău Airport (for the village 17 km (11 mi) outside of Târgu Mureș where it is located).
Târgu Mureș Transilvania Airport
Aeroportul Transilvania Târgu Mureș
Marosvásárhelyi Transilvania Repülőtér
|Owner||Mureș County Council|
|Location||Vidrasău, Mureș County|
|Focus city for||Wizz Air|
|Elevation AMSL||963 ft / 294 m|
Opened in 1936, Târgu Mureș's first airport was built 2.5 kilometers away from the city centre. The airport was rebuilt in its current location in the 1960s, and inaugurated in 1969.
After 2000, the airport has undergone extensive renovation. In October 2005 a new international terminal was opened and Category II instrument landing system was installed, allowing the handling of flights 24 hours a day.
In December 2016, the county council administrator started a new modernization program. The project involved the refurbishment of the runway and the apron (an estimated RON77 million investment). The auction was won by the Porr-Geiger Association, and the work began in early October 2017 and completed in June 2018. On 25 June 2018, the new runway went into operation.
Airlines and destinationsEdit
|Aegean Airlines||Seasonal charter: Heraklion|
|AlMasria Universal Airlines||Seasonal charter: Hurghada|
|Corendon Airlines||Seasonal charter: Antalya|
|TAROM||Seasonal charter: Antalya|
|Wizz Air||Budapest, Dortmund, London–Luton, Memmingen|
- EAD Basic Archived January 12, 2011, at WebCite
- Târgu Mureș Airport in 2012 at punctul.ro (in Romanian)
- Traficul total de pasageri pe Aeroporturile din România pe anul 2018 (in Romanian)
- ORDIN 169/1.801. Planul national de actiune privind reducerea emisiilor de gaze cu efect de seră în domeniul aviatiei civile (in Romanian)
- Press release for 2013 (in Romanian)
- History of the airport (in Romanian)
- În ce constă proiectul de reabilitare a pistei Aeroportului Transilvania at zi-de-zi.ro (in Romanian)
- Pista Aeroportului Transilvania Tîrgu Mureş a fost finalizată: nota de plată, 60 de milioane de lei (in Romanian)
- Lucrarile au fost finalizate si receptionate (in Romanian)