for the Jatiya Sangsad
|Member(s)||Hafiz Ahmed Majumder|
The constituency was created for the first general elections in newly independent Bangladesh, held in 1973.
Members of ParliamentEdit
Elections in the 2010sEdit
Elections in the 2000sEdit
|Awami League||Hafiz Ahmed Mazumder||109,690||54.7||+21.3|
|JP(E)||Farid Uddin Choudhury||78,061||38.9||N/A|
|Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam Bangladesh||Ubydullah Faruk||8,946||4.5||N/A|
|Independent||Kutub Uddin Ahmed Sikder||2,599||1.3||+1.1|
|Independent||Zobayer Ahmed Chowdhury||331||0.2||N/A|
|Awami League gain from Jamaat-e-Islami|
|Jamaat-e-Islami||Farid Uddin Chowdhury||77,750||49.1||+25|
|Awami League||Hafiz Ahmed Mazumder||52,885||33.4||+8.2|
|IJOF||M. R. Haq||23,538||14.9||N/A|
|Jatiya Party (M)||Nazma Akter Chowdhury||3,389||2.1||N/A|
|Independent||Kutub Uddin Ahmed Sikder||388||0.2||N/A|
|Independent||M. A. Matin Chowdhury||317||0.2||N/A|
|Jamaat-e-Islami gain from Awami League|
Elections in the 1990sEdit
|Awami League||Hafiz Ahmed Mazumder||29,483||25.2||+3.5|
|Jamaat-e-Islami||Farid Uddin Chowdhury||28,120||24.1||+7.3|
|JP(E)||Md. Abdul Rakib||15,054||12.9||-1.8|
|Sammilita Sangram Parishad||Md. Habibur Rahman||14,356||12.3||N/A|
|Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam Bangladesh||Alim Uddin||13,325||11.4||N/A|
|BNP||M. A. Matin Chowdhury||4,860||4.2||-11.9|
|JSD (R)||A. T. M. Abdul Mustaqim||455||0.4||-0.3|
|Zaker Party||Khaja Moin Uddin Ahmed||364||0.3||-0.3|
|Independent||Md. Mohiuddin Ahmed||237||0.2||N/A|
|Jatiya Janata Party (Nurul Islam)||Md. Atikur Rahman||212||0.2||N/A|
|Awami League gain from BNP|
|Awami League||Hafiz Ahmed Mazumder||19,682||21.7|
|Jamaat-e-Islami||Farid Uddin Chowdhury||15,207||16.8|
|JP(E)||M. A. Matin Chowdhury||13,298||14.7|
|JSD (R)||A. T. M. Abdul Muntakim||632||0.7|
|Zaker Party||Md. Abdul Karim||523||0.6|
|JSD||Md. Mohiuddin Ahmed||388||0.4|
|IOJ gain from JP(E)|
- "Sylhet-5". The Daily Star. Retrieved 31 December 2018.
- "Constituency Maps of Bangladesh" (PDF). Bangladesh Election Commission. 2010. Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- "Delimitation of Constituencies" (PDF). Bangladesh Election Commission (in Bengali). 2013. Archived from the original (PDF) on 27 July 2014. Retrieved 23 July 2014.
- Bangladesh Election Commission. "Parliament Election 1973: Constituency wise Result of Sylhet-5". Archived from the original on 16 February 2018. Retrieved 13 February 2018.
- "List of 2nd Parliament Members" (PDF). Bangladesh Parliament (in Bengali). Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- "List of 3rd Parliament Members" (PDF). Bangladesh Parliament (in Bengali). Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- "List of 6th Parliament Members" (PDF). Bangladesh Parliament (in Bengali). Retrieved 8 October 2015.
- Ahmed, Taib (15 December 2013). "AL closer to majority before voting". New Age. Dhaka. Retrieved 12 August 2014.
- "Bangladesh Parliament Election - Detail Results". Amar Desh. Retrieved 8 February 2018.
- "Nomination submission List". Bangladesh Election Commission (in Bengali). Archived from the original on 11 February 2018. Retrieved 9 February 2018.
- "Parliament Election Result of 1991,1996,2001 Bangladesh Election Information and Statistics". Vote Monitor Networks. Archived from the original on 28 December 2008. Retrieved 11 February 2018.