The women's 100 metre backstroke competition of the swimming events at the 1955 Pan American Games took place on 24 March. The last Pan American Games champion was Maureen O'Brien of US.
|Women's 100 metre backstroke at the II Pan American Games|
|Dates||March 24 (preliminaries and finals)|
This race consisted of two lengths of the pool, all in backstroke.
All times are in minutes and seconds.
|KEY:||q||Fastest non-qualifiers||Q||Qualified||GR||Games record||NR||National record||PB||Personal best||SB||Seasonal best|
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (September 2013)
The final was held on March 24.
|Coralie O'Connor||United States||1:17.8|
|Cynthia Gill||United States||1:17.9|
|4||Shelley Mann||United States||1:18.2|
- ^ a b "O GLOBO News Archive - March 25, 1955, Morning, General, page 10". O GLOBO. Retrieved 9 September 2013.
- ^ O GLOBO News Archive
- ^ Hickoksports Archived 2012-12-05 at archive.today
- ^ Resultados
- ^ All Pan medalists - Male
- ^ All Pan medalists - Female
- ^ Pan American Games - Swimming and Diving page, from gbrathletics.com; retrieved 2012-04-15.
- ^ "Swimming Technical Manual" (PDF). Guadalajara 2011. Archived from the original (PDF) on 28 July 2011. Retrieved 23 October 2011.